User profiles

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions User profiles

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeShand MikeShand 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

We currently haven’t set up any user profiles, so the GLD is always in “admin” mode. We would like to restrict this for all but “qualified” persons. However, we also want it to be possible to simply switch on the GLD and have it work, albeit in a very restricted mode, without even having to specify a user name/password. For example, for technophobic clergy 🙂

So if we set a password on admin, and then create one or more “general” users can we

a) set no password on the general user
    b) if we have the desk logged in as “general”, and power it off, will it come back as a general user without having to re-specify the user/password.

What do other churches do to address these circumstances?

I don’t have access to the GLD for a while, and of course the editor is no help for this sort of question.

Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

This is exactly how I have the church I do sound for set up. I have a password to the admin user (as well as anyone who needs to turn on the board in the case that I am not there for a rehearsal) and the basic user has no password.

If admin is the last person to log on and the board is turned back on, a login screen will appear. From there, all you will have to do is touch the basic user and it will log in (if you set a scene to recall upon login, you will have to touch yes to the prompt).

If the basic user is the last person to log in, as long as there is no password on that user, then it will automatically be logged in when the console is started up.

The way I have it set up is the admin user recalls scene 1. This is the main scene that we use. Before shutting down the system, I always store the scene to keep any changes in case the basic user logs in. If you do not save the scene, you will lose changes. The basic user then recalls scene 10 (dont know why I picked 10) upon login. This scene only has the mains (LR) and the inputs that I feel like they will need such as the computer sound, and wireless mics that can be used for small events or services. The user is restricted to only fader and mute. Everything else is locked away, and I have yet to have any issues with this setup. Most basic users cant understand how to turn on the wireless mics, much less understand gain, EQ, compressor, and the countless other features that this board has.

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Perfect. That’s just the way I hoped it would work.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.