User Permissions on IPAD

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions User Permissions on IPAD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LBET LBET 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nik
    Nik
    Participant

I was wondering if it is possible to configure User Permissions on the GLD surface for the Ipad Remote app.

What i want to do is have a User (musician) that has less Rights on the App than a normal engineer. He can only use Faders for instance and not change the routing, eq or channel dynamics.

I configured a User on the GLD itself. When using the IPad i can log into this user, but i still have all permissions and can do everything that my Admin can do.
    On the Surface itself, when i log into the User, i have limited permissions (as defined).
    Is this an error? did i miss something?

Profile photo of ranman
    ranman
    Participant

Hi, same issue for me. Can we set user permissions on the iPad? I have a musician on stage that I would like her to be able to control her mix only? Thanks,

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi ranman,
    You should check out the GLD OneMix app, which is designed specifically for this purpose.

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Nicola is right. IF you want to have a musician on stage control their aux monitor mix the GLD OneMix is the right application to use. It’s a bit unfortunate it ONLY runs on iOS or OSX but as you can live with that constraint, each device can be assigned to a specific aux.

Keep in mind that this has to be done by signing into the One Mix app using the ADMIN profile, setting up the device for the Aux you wish your user to control, setting up the layers with the instruments they would like to control and then signing out again.

Once done, the musician can sign in using their non admin account and start setting levels.

Be advised that there is almost no help on how to use the app. (poo poo).

Only audio engineers and trusted volunteer should use the GLD Remote app. Things can go very wrong very fast otherwise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.