User Permissions Bug! – iPad software only – Please fix ASAP

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting User Permissions Bug! – iPad software only – Please fix ASAP

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Good morning folks!

A TD friend of mine who just got his dLive pointed out to me that user permissions didn’t appear to translate over to MixPad at all. I thought that was odd, but hadn’t tried it myself. So I gave it a whirl this morning with two users who are restricted to fader movements only… and he’s absolutely right! Restricted users have *full* access to every control feature if they log in using MixPad!! That is a super concerning security flaw that I hope will get resolved as soon as possible! I will email support as well.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Are they using the new version of MixPad for 1.6 firmware?

Yessir. Tested both on a unit running 1.5, and 1.6 with the same result. (With the appropriate mixpad versions.)

Profile photo of magneticfield
    magneticfield
    Participant

+1
    In my mind it is a necessity that user permissions work correctly in MixPad. It is a good way for the musician to only have access to the auxiliary levels of his mix. Please fix this as soon as possible, otherwise it is totally useless.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@magneticfield
    therefor you should use the OneMix app

Profile photo of magneticfield
    magneticfield
    Participant

Thanks for the warning, although I already know that. The problem is that it is still very dangerous for a user with limited permissions to access with MixPad and have total control.

I agree with both of you – band should be using OneMix or ME-1 for sure. MixPad should only be used by authorized users. My only real protection for now is that I’m not telling anybody about that vulnerability in the software. That, and we have a pretty locked-down network.

…all it would take though, is for one of our staff to suddenly decide they want to try doing Profeshunal stuff on the big nifty sound desk with their own dang iPad.

I’ll be super relieved if/when this gets addressed! 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I’m not really deep in the user managment
    and it does not work with the director offline to try out things

isn’t it possible to restrict access from director? this should reflect in Mixpad as well.

Yes, that’s the issue – you can restrict user access on the console, which reflects literally everywhere *except* MixPad. Ironically, Mixpad is also the place one can do the most damage, accidentally. “Hey this looks neat! Oops, finger slipped…”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.