User Permissions

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions User Permissions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Korcraft
    Korcraft
    Participant

Anyone have any resources for setting permissions for users?

I set an admin password and now you can’t boot the console without entering the admin password.

I assume I can set the console to boot without a password, but still require the password to lock down other settings like EQ etc.

Just wondering if there are any how to resources that explain the user permissions?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@korcraft

AFAIK You need to sign at at one of each of 3 levels.
    Unless you can do without any passwords.

There are no special permissions or lack of them.
    The docs explain the three levels as well as anything the docs explain.

Admin is the top dog and that prevents others from diddling the device.

Standard is the middle one for more or less normal FOH users.

Basic is the lowest for very limited use like a bartender muting sound while making an announcement on the PA.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Avantis-Firmware-Reference-Guide-V1.02.pdf

page 47

I set an admin password and now you can’t boot the console without entering the admin password.

of course not… any other way would make the passwords useless

I assume I can set the console to boot without a password, but still require the password to lock down other settings like EQ etc.

set a user without password and you can choose that user at loginand this user can’t change anything that is locked out of his permissions
    to change these settings you have to log in as an user with the needed permissions
    there is no dialog when you try to change forbidden settings. They just not there…

Korcraft
    Participant

I see,

It appears i simply need to create more users. I just assumed that it would always ask for admin password regardless of how many other users I had. But I think I see now how it functions.

Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

to open dialogs would slow down the speed of work and will bring a lot of frustration to the user…

to hide the controls is the better way

Korcraft
    Participant

Yeh that all makes sense. t was more just about login. I didn’t realize that upon creating a second or more user accounts they would be available at login.

Makes sense now

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@korcraft

Indeed.

When you enter your password it prompts if your user name should be opened at the user level that password matches.

Appears to be strictly password driven. And the PW decides the level if any you can access.

We all share the same password for the level we are on. The MD is the only one that has admin ability.
    And he can log in at the lower level too if he wants to start things without leaving it with our having ability to diddle stuff that his level could do.

I would expect that you could have different passwords for folks at the same level but as they all get access to the same things it would have little value so maybe it is just one password per level.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.