User Password bypass on startup

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting User Password bypass on startup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lahn
    Lahn
    Participant

Running an SQ-7 on 1.5.1. I’ve got a password set on the Admin user account, and have a Guest user account that loads a scene with locked down permissions.

If I’m logged in as Admin and then power off the board, the next time the board is powered on if you pick the Guest user but select “No” to loading the scene, it won’t show you logged in as any user but you’ll have full admin access to the board.

Is this a bug, or is there some option I’m missing to prevent this from happening?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

your description is very misleading…
    what happens at the login screen?
    Did you configure the users as you need them?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

The console always attempts to power ON with the same user as was current when powered OFF. If your GUEST account has no password, then switch user to GUEST before powering OFF, and you won’t be prompted for a password on the next power ON.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@lahn

The pop-up you mention says “User Scene, User scene will be recalled. Continue Login? Yes/No”
    So with the Yes/No, you are choosing whether to continue logging in as your guest user (rather than only choosing whether to recall the scene).

As @scott points out, this means by selecting ‘No’ the SQ will go back to trying to log in as the previous user.
    You can see what’s happened immediately after the pop-up by checking ‘Current User:’.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.