User guide for dual mix rack for FOH/MON split

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions User guide for dual mix rack for FOH/MON split

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

Hi all..
    Have just purchased a DM0 to allow full separate FOH/MON splits as needed but I can not find any user guides from A&H on setting up dual mix racks with digital splits over GIGA-ACE… lots on multi surface, but dual mix rack options are non existent. I will be playing with the new racks connected today, but am intrigued about the patching and routing of mix outs from the FOH DM0. Although, I do have the connection to the amps via the Dante card and the local surface I/O as an option too!
    If anyone knows of a link to a user guide from A&H for dual mix rack setup etc then please post the link!
    Plan is C1500 connected to DM0 for FOH duties with an S3000 connected to DM48 for monitor duties. Then a GIGA-ACE card in one of the I/O slots on each mix rack to connect the two with a dante card in the DM0 for connection to the d&b DS10 audio bridge for amp connections.

Thank you

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

There isn’t a specific guide on FoH/Mon digital splits. The first things to do are patching your signals in the I/O Screen and setting the clock appropriately.
    The Factory template FoH and Mon shows will give you a good starting point with sensible bus config and strip layout for each.
    In your configuration I would recommend using the DM48 as the master clock, so set this to ‘Internal’ in its Audio Sync screen, and set the DM0 to sync from the I/O Port fitted with gigaACE.
    Patch tielines from your DM48 input sockets to the gigaACE I/O Port, this will send all inputs, straight off the preamp, to the FoH system. Do not patch Input Direct Outs for the split, as these will be affected by Digital Trim.
    On the FoH system, patch the gigaACE I/O Port inputs to your Input channels. You might also want to patch your Mixes to the gigaACE I/O Port outputs, to send back to the DM48 (and patch to physical outputs there, using tielines again).
    Once the gains are set, switch the Mon console to ‘Digital Trim on Surface’ so any gain change acts on the digital trim and doesn’t affect levels at FoH.
    There’s many more tricks, for example for routing Talkback or using Ext In to PAFL for comms, but the above should point you in the right direction.

Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

Thanks. Really helpful.
    Will carry on playing with the setup as needed and work out more details as needed.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And if 64 channels are enough for you, double patch the inputs to 1-64 and 65-128 on the DM48, then tieline 65-128 to GigaACE and use those for FoH. Giving you total independent headamps for Monitors and FoH.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Lol, what a brain fart. Please ignore that post

I am getting old….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.