Use SQ-6 playback as multitrack sequencer?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Use SQ-6 playback as multitrack sequencer?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gardacus (Mike)
    Gardacus (Mike)
    Participant

Hello all

I am using a Cymatic LP 16 multitrack player to send 3 wave-file tracks to my SQ-6. A left/right stereo track and a click-track for the drummer.

Does anybody know if it is possible to do this straight from the multitrack playback possibilities inside the SQ-6?
    If so, do I need to arrange/rename files and or folders in such a way that this would be possible using wave files not created and edited with the SQ itself?

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks all

Profile photo of Gardacus (Mike)
    Gardacus (Mike)
    Participant

I am able to answer my own question.

The wave files I have I converted from 44.1kHz 16bit to 48kHz 24 bit PCM WAV files as specified.

Then I assigned the SQ-Drive to 48kHz, assigned input channels 1, 2, 3 on USB to resp. Seq Left, Seq, Right and Clicktrack.
    My patches on the console I then assigned to the same USB channels
    Click track only goes to the AUX channels (monitors), I turned off the output to Master
    And one stereo seq track on the board did the trick for me.

It took a bit figuring out which WAV format the files needed, even though I knew what it needed to be (according to the manual)
    https://medias.audiofanzine.com/files/sq-referenceguide-v1-1-0-480325.pdf

Perfect!!!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

just a small remark…
    the word sequenzer is misleading in this context
    it’s just a recorder/player…

and your reference guide is outdated…
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

file format description on page 94

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.