Use Post-Fader Aux Output for Side-Chaining

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Use Post-Fader Aux Output for Side-Chaining

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of brunoleurino brunoleurino 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bombe
    Bombe
    Participant

Hi.

I’m using my SQ-5 for a bit of broadcasting; I have a number of mic sources and a number of music sources. I am feeding all mics to a “vox” aux and use that aux to feed the compressor on the music sources, for ducking. However, the compressor uses the pre-fader output of the vox bus as side-chain whereas in my opinion it should use the post-fader (or at least post-mute) output of the aux so I can quickly disable ducking. Right now I either have to switch off all microphones or change their routing to the vox bus to disable ducking.

Can that be changed or at least made configurable?

Greetings,

David

Profile photo of brunoleurino
    brunoleurino
    Participant

Hi, similar issue here. Any solution? Is there an available option to choose between pre or post fader side chain? I understand the benefits of having pre fader side chain on the music field, but thats not really convenient for broadcasting purposes, at least not to me right now.

Greetings

Bruno L.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.