USBC to USB B crackling problems Macbook pro M1 to QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USBC to USB B crackling problems Macbook pro M1 to QU-SB

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vince
    Vince
    Participant

Hello
    first of all i apologize for my bad english, i use google translate to express myself.
    I have read some topics that talk about the USB3 to USB2 problem, but it seems to me that it is in the PC worm mixer sense. It deals with recording if I understood correctly!
    My problem comes from crackles of sound from the macbok pro M1 2020 to the QU-SB mixer and the USB2 B input.
    I use the EZ Drumeur 2 software for the sounds of a Roland electronic drum kit and TD11 module. I’m doing this to multitrack the drum mix on my QU-SB mixer via USB. I have tried everything with high quality USB3 to USB B cables, also with a USB3 to USB2 adapter but I end up with creaking sound and digital saturation like clips. I tested the exact similar configuration on my other mixer at the rehearsal room (Beringher Xair18) and everything works normally! No noise ! I bought the QU-SB 3/4 years ago now for better sound quality, compared to the XR-18, also hoping for better reliability, … And there I find myself in a dead end. I hope that a solution exists because I do not want to use the beringher on concerts, and place the QU-SB in the rehearsal room … Thank you in advance for your feedback
    Vince

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Have you also tried the Apple adaptor cable if that even exists ? And another thought: try a few different docks (the ones where 1 usb3 coming from the computer splits up into several other usb ports) maybe ?

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

What firmware is your Qu? The older firmwares have click and pop issues when sent to an M1Pro Mac. Seems to be cleaned up by the current firmware, 1.96.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.