USB Streaming with Cubase

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions USB Streaming with Cubase

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MickSeptik MickSeptik 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MickSeptik
    MickSeptik
    Participant

Good morning all !
    I’m beginner on QU-32. I checked all instruction (user guide) but I don’t understand why I have nothing in Cubase (LE 8)
    I have a Punk/Folk band and I recorded several song before, I used Cubase SX with a little mixer (M-Audio)
    Today, I finished my Studio record as a instrument room, mixer room and blablabla… and now I work with Mac.
    When I started for the first time the QU32, below what I did :
    – In Processing menu : selected all CH1 in USB B / Global USB Source : USB B Streaming (but I don’t know why ST1/ST2/ST3 crossed…?)
    – In Setup/IO Patch/USB Audio : CH/ST/Grps source : selected “Direct Outs” for studio record
    – In Setup/Control/Custom Layer : All in “MIDI”

On the MAC :
    I installed the DAW Control downloaded from the A&H website
    In Audio/Midi configuration : I selected QU-32 Audio, speaker setup is OK (32in/32out is used) tested OK I have a sound from Mac
    Always in Audio/Midi panel, in “parameter” I selected “used this device for audio in” and “used this device for Audio out”
    But it’s not possible to move the toggle of master, channel 1 in…blablabla all at 0. Is it normal ?

In Cubase :
    In parameter device, Audio VST System/QU-32 Audio : Channel 1 In and channel 17 In are active
    Channel 1/2/17 Out are active.
    In midi port : QU-32 MIDI Out is active but QU-32 MIDI In is Inactive…?
    In VST connexion : I created Mono In : channel 1 In / I created Stereo Out : channel 1 out / channel 2 out
    My microphone is connected behind the mixer in CH1 (local input)

Could you help me please, if you say me step by step the configuration of the mixer/Mac and Cubase…. I’m lost…
    Many thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Mick

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mick,

For step by step instructions for setting up DAW Control with Cubase, these can be found here: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DAW-Control-Help-V1.7.pdf

In terms of the audio side of this setup, it seems that the Qu must be working okay for audio streaming as you do have some channels working. From the point of view of the Qu, all 32 channels are always available on the USB bus, so not seeing the rest of the channels is likely a setup issue in Cubase.

Thanks
    Alex

MickSeptik
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your reply.
    I will try again this afternoon.

To be sure, for USB-B recording, on the mixer : Just put all inputs in Usb-B and Global USB-B streaming and you can record or do something read at the mixer?
    Can you confirm ? or there are another parameters must be selected/activated/requierement before USB recording ?

Many thanks for your support

Mick

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mick,

The Qu is always streaming all 32 USB channels, so you only need to select USB B as the source on Qu when playing back over the USB B connection.

If you’re using the direct outputs as the USB source, you may need to make sure the channels are unmuted and faders are turned up depending on the global direct out settings. You can find these by selecting an input channel and then pressing the Routing key. To check if you have direct outs selected, go Setup > IO Patch > USB Audio.

Thanks!
    Alex

MickSeptik
    Participant

Hi Alex,

I’ll try all it this afternoon and I hold you inform.
    Many thanks for your support.

Mick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.