USB Streaming (USB B)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB Streaming (USB B)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 58 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not at the moment, you have too many mono channels.

If you wait for a while the dsnake patching might be extended to USB 😉

Profile photo of dgoodheart
    dgoodheart
    Participant

awesome! should i have any fear of the two mono channels not sending the same db to the master when they are linked? I re-calibrated the faders because the channel 1 and 2 seemed a fraction off

* Edit

i tried doing the sends prefader but it only bypassed the master fader rather than the 2 mono sends/faders, is there a way to bypass channel 17/18 faders and 1/2 in my daw?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Linked should be fine, the levels will be the same, even if the calibration of the fader or backlash looks a touch off I’d imagine

BTW, I don’t have any inside knowledge of A&H, the dsnake routing comment is entirely speculation…

Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

to play back from the Mac to ST1 you need to route audio to Qu-16 streaming ch 17&18. This is because the first 16 streaming channels go to the Mono Inputs. Most DAWs allow this, but if you are using iTunes or similar, you need to set this as a preference in OS X. Go to Utilities / Audio MIDI Setup / Audio Devices, select the Qu-16 and click on Configure Speakers, then assign stereo Left and Right to ch 17&18.

Hi, this helped a lot, thank you. My iTunes on my Macbook comes through on my ST1 now, which is great using the Qu-16 as a soundcard. I’m having trouble with GarageBand though – it just won’t stream it’s output to my Qu-16. When I change the audio output in GarageBand to “Built-In Speakers”, it plays the audio just fine. When I change it back to “Qu-16” it won’t send me anything.

I made sure the correct USB (B) is selected for my ST-1, but since it’s receiving iTunes, it seems to be configured correctly. It’s just that GarageBand’s output won’t work. Does anyone have advice that I could try? I must be missing something simple, but cannot figure it out. I’ve quit and restarted GarageBand and it didn’t help.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

I have this exact problem. I cannot get GarageBand to output audio back to the qu-pac. I can record to garage band, I can get iTunes audio to,the qupac but not GarageBand audio. Any help much appreciated.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Checked this? no sound coming out of garageband but normal speakers still work help?

If you go to Garageband -> Preferences -> Audio/MIDI ->

There’s an Audio Output (and Audio Input) setting. Make sure your Audio Output setting is set to the device that’s connected to your speakers. For example, if you are using an audio interface, make sure it’s selected.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

Andreas,

Thanks for that. Yes I checked the interface, restarted the computer, makes no difference. There is some other issue. You can see from “Ratchets” post above he had the same trouble and tried the same solutions with no success. Guess I’ll have to find an alternative to GarageBand, shame because I only have simple uses for it.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Ok, just rechecked. Seems that Garage Band simply ignores your speaker setting and always streams out to channels 1&2, regardless whether you pick System or Qu in your audio device setup.
    Just switch channels 1&2 to USB B streaming and you should get your signal from Garage Band back into the Qu.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

Andres, thanks that did the trick.

A nuisance to lose 2 channels due to a GarageBand flaw but that’s ok for now.

Just out of interest how did you work that out?

Anyhow thanks gain.
    Dave

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Just switched all channels to USB for testing.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Even if Garage Band is aware of multichannel audio interfaces on Input, it seems to be locked down to always send to first two channels of any output device (clear answer here).
    If you want to spend USD 75 Loopback may help. You could easily configure a virtual device and at least duplicate the first two channels to any other channel sent to the Qu.
    Similar should be possible with the free JACK application, but I couldn’t get that to work with my OSX 10.10 (Yosemite).

Profile photo of Gabby
    Gabby
    Participant

Participant
    I have a problem…
    we are using the apple camera adapter, and USB B streaming l… we use it for live recordig. But i only hear one output going in… and I have no idea why 🙁
    (I only hear one mic…. the band and other singers are not going inside the ipad)

Profile photo of ZloyKonstantin
    ZloyKonstantin
    Participant

Hey guys,

I have tried connecting my MacBook (Big Sur) today to a QU 16 mixer via USB B and have the following issue: I get a very quiet yet high pitched sound coming out of the speakers.

Setup is MacBook -> Mixer via USB B -> Adam a8x monitors.

Audio source was Logic and youtube – both get the same high pitched output.

I may be asking a dumb question here but what could be the problem? This is my first time connecting this mixer for a long long time and the first time trying to connect via USB.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi!

I recommend you make sure you’re running the latest firmware version (1.95) and follow the computer optimisation steps here: https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1204

Go to support.allen-heath.com to start a ticket if you need further assistance.

Thanks!
    Alex

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.