USB streaming to / from PC/Windows

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions USB streaming to / from PC/Windows

This topic contains 58 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hairy One Hairy One 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DJ GERRY
    DJ GERRY
    Participant

PLEASE, RELEASE USB STREAMING TO PC!!!!!

Profile photo of jport
    jport
    Participant

I’m just going to follow up here: Allen and Heath promised an update regarding the go ahead with making a driver to enable streaming to a PC. An ETA was said to be given around this time.

So…..

Profile photo of DepressedNOF
    DepressedNOF
    Participant

“…end of March.”
    still one week left. 😀

Profile photo of cAPSLOCK
    cAPSLOCK
    Participant

Oh No. !!!

I was going to the shop to buy a QU-16 TOMORROW! But this limitation is a 100% deal breaker. Sure glad I did a little research first.

I run a PC based studio. I also use Linux for some things. And my cell phones and tablets are Android. I had already accepted my tablet would not get an official A&H app. But not being able to stream to non-Mac computers is a major crippling limitation for me.

If the QU-drive did 22+ channels I could live with “Someday we will have PC USB drivers”. But it will take one or the other to make it OK for me to buy the QU-16. 🙁

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

Always pays to read the documentation. A&H are very open about the fact that at the moment it’s mac only.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We are pleased to announce that V1.4 supports USB streaming to/from Windows computers.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Great news Nicola. When available? Any other new features?

Thanks again. I am sure it makes a lot of folks happy.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

@gcumbee
    V1.4 is available right now! ;D

Profile photo of DepressedNOF
    DepressedNOF
    Participant

Nice 🙂
    When will DAW Control support Windows operating system?

Profile photo of Ermep01
    Ermep01
    Participant

My first impression is OK.
    Thanks A&H for listening to your customers!
    Keep up the good work! (DAW control indeed)

Profile photo of Dirk PHC
    Dirk PHC
    Participant

It is early april and I am impressed that windows audio streaming is supported (1.4). To be honest by the end of mmarch I did expect an ETA only, so very well done indeed !
    I do have a problem though. I am using sonar x3 and after installing the windows driver I can use my QU-16 in sonar for new projects. Can not play existing, seems like a conflict in sample freq, is it 48k fixed, or is there a way to change sample freq in the (asio) driver ?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Sample rate is fixed 48kHz to match the mixer internal processing. Try converting your projects to 48kHz first, then choosing the Qu ASIO interface. Off-line sample rate conversion by a DAW will typically yield better results than on-the-fly conversion anyway.

Profile photo of Hairy One
    Hairy One
    Participant

Yes, come on AH. It’s about time PC support was added to the feature set of the QU

Profile photo of Hairy One
    Hairy One
    Participant

In reference to previous post, I was commenting on Windows DAW control

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.