USB streaming to / from PC/Windows

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions USB streaming to / from PC/Windows

This topic contains 58 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hairy One Hairy One 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Official statement from a “product manager” from A&H as answer to a pre-sales ticket:

“Right now the big request is USB windows support.
    There are no sub-groups in QU-16.
    Channel names inside the QU-16 is not high priority

If you cannot work with the great QU-16 feature set as it is at the moment then I suggest you choose something else.”

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sure does not sound like the tone of a company person. More like one of us would say. ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile photo of Gearhog
    Gearhog
    Participant

I purchased the qu-16 with the intent of using it with my windows PC with pro tools so I hope that it will be implemented.
    It is an awesome mixer even without this feature. If it could stream to and have some control of my DAW it would everything that I could possibly need.

I think that it is an amazing product….

Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

I recently managed to get hold of a Yamaha 01V96i for my little private studio. Such a great console! But I must say, I would have a hard time using it live on stage. First of all, it doesn’t replace the side rack, it has no graphic EQs, no analyzer and you can’t even assign the delay tap to the custom buttons. Plus, its user interface is outdated. I think you can’t use it that quickly in live situations as you should. Well, for “home use” it’s close to perfect.

With the Qu16, you’re so much ahead of this for live performances. If only there was support for Windows.

More radically, you could publish the specs of the USB protocol you’re using. This would enable Linux nerds to write a driver. For the 01V96i, there’s no driver yet, but at least some code that allows to raw dump audio streams from the console to hard disk, so it’s probably gonna be there soon.

To emphasize this again: If there was Windows support, I’d really try to get my band into purchasing a Qu16. As it is now, we’re still waiting, watching out for alternatives.

So if A&H isn’t a software company, why don’t you just pay a software company to write a Windows driver? And concerning Linux, making the specifications open is probably all you need to do.

Another thing that bothers me is that there are no easy footswitch options in the Qu16 (there is a separate thread on this).

But to not only blame you A&H guys: I’m going to use a ZED-10FX later tonight. I love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile photo of DepressedNOF
    DepressedNOF
    Participant

Qu-24 was coming and still no Windows-streaming.
    I’m verry disappointed about that fact.

Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

Yes please! Would love to use streaming to PC. I love the Qu drive but I’m a bit worried about audio drop outs with just a 5400Rpm drive speed on most of the recommended hard drives.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Some good news from our side: Windows drivers are now in development and looking promising thanks to some hard work in R&D.
    It’s early days to give a meaningful ETA but we will update on progress by the end of March.

Profile photo of Ermep01
    Ermep01
    Participant

Yes!
    That was the answer we were waiting for. I do understand it will take some time, but the announcement that you are working on it is for this moment enough for me.
    Thanks that you are listening to your customers and keep up the good work!

Profile photo of DepressedNOF
    DepressedNOF
    Participant

Woohoo thank you so much!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Thanks Nicola.

Profile photo of Dirk PHC
    Dirk PHC
    Participant

Yes, I am working almost 20 years with Cakewalk and now Sonar X3, so I need USB streaming PC ! I trust that this will become available very soon. And that is why I decided to buy my QU16 couple of weeks ago.

I love the sound, Qdrive, footprint !!!!

Honestly I do not understand why PC support is not yet implemented. You are loosing business right now. Great review in SOS magazine, but also here commented that PC streaming is not supported.
    (I did have a Tascam dm3200, did support fully PC/MAC 5 years ago … on firewire…)

A&H, let know (communicate/press release) when PC support will be implemented

Profile photo of Flo77
    Flo77
    Participant

Thumbs up!!! Thanks for listening and making this great mixer even more great ๐Ÿ™‚ I already ordered one a few weeks ago assuming that Windows drivers will be added soon. Now I can switch from hoping mode to waiting mode ๐Ÿ˜‰

Profile photo of chasingangus
    chasingangus
    Participant

Direct record to PC is a deal breaker for me and I had no idea before purchasing this mixer….

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Chasingangus – It does state quite clearly in all the specs and write up’s there are regarding the QU-16 that PC/Android is not supported, for the time being at least.

Hopefully we won’t have long to wait.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Totally stoked that I see Windows streaming will be supported– that is really , really good news for a guy who does live and studio work.. makes it a really flexible useful product ๐Ÿ™‚ THANK YOU !!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.