USB stick playback idea

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions USB stick playback idea

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Has anyone tried loading audio files into the USBREC folder in addition to audio files in the USBPLAY folder to in a work around kind way create two different play list by selecting either the playback or the record folder from the USB player menu?
    I would just try it myself but I’m no where near my QUPAc at the moment.
    Or for that matter is there a tricky way to create playlist, I know having a sub folder within the USBPLAY fold does not work.

Thanks
    Mike C.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Mike…

I find it simpler and more flexible to use AirPlay from my iPad via the Airport Express.

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I have a portable mp3 player that I plug into the 1/8″ ST3 jack. That’s why it is there.

Profile photo of stephdu11
    stephdu11
    Participant

How can we put the pieces in a specific order in the usbplay mixer

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

another reason iTunes or other playback apps are most practical, at least for Dick and I.
    And being able to stream the music via Apple Airport Express wirelessly is wonderful.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Connecting a laptop via usb straight to the usb input on the Qu-SB also works. It defaults to inputs 27 + 28 IIRC, so inputs you wouldn’t be able to use without an external stagebox normally. I.e. you’re gaining 2 inputs.

I leave the laptop at the stage and let it play Spotify continuously and simple raise or lower channel 27/28 faders at the appropriate time.

Giga

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Using USB audio streaming for background music is only an option, if you do not wish to record. At least I get corrupted audio streams when trying this under Windows (probably some internal conflict between ASIO and WDM drivers).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.