USB show recall

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB show recall

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Hello

I set up my qu16 with various scenes, eq presets (user), compressor presets (user), fx presets (user) etc.
    Today i recalled a new show file from a usb, and i realized that all my previous setup was lost!
    I forgot to “export” my previous setup on a show file, so after loading the new one i saw that all my saves was lost.

Is this normal? I can’t undestand why all should be lost, or at least why there isn’t a warning message that “all your previous data will be lost”

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

It is normal. The manual does mention that you need to save your current settings before loading a new show file.

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

BLKGHOST

Yes clearly manual mentions that point, but for my point of view it hasn’t any “logical” explanation

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Unless I miss something seriously, the Qu manages exactly one “show” which contains the set of scenes we locally can store and recall. Loading a different “show” from USB replaces all scene-slots of the internal show-memory. If the old settings need to be preserved, they obviously should be saved before.
    For me this is totally normal and logical, sorry…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’m not sure I’d expect library FX and EQ to be replaced though – they aren’t really show dependant IMHO

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Indeed, a selection what to restore from a USB show may be helpful (i.e. “Restore User Libraries YES/NO” checkbox).
    Anything else depends on the use of the console. If the console only has a single operator its probably more reasonable to keep user libraries during show changes. If several operators work on the console, they actually can quickly revert the console to their personal show setup, including all user libraries.
    When I read this in the manual I understood it as a feature not a limitation…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.