USB Send and Return from DAW

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions USB Send and Return from DAW

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Hi guys and girls. Please forgive me if this has already been asked but I have a question that I’m sure someone can help with rather than me waisting lots of time.

I am wondering if I can connect a Mac book pro up to my QU-16 or QU-SB via USB, send the channels to Logic Pro DAW, apply plugins to the inputs coming into the DAW and then re rout this back out to the L+R front of house?

I wondered if this is possible so I can use the plugins and FX I have already and if possible what sort of latency issues there may be?

Thanks all

Steve

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The Latency is way to high!
    The return trip [to and from your Mac Bk Pro or iMac for the dry signal seems like forever!
    Its like a delay especially in a live scenario.
    I don’t use Logic Pro DAW
    I do use Reaper with extensions.
    However I do and have used the reverbs and other effects returning from either a M Bk pro or iMac and mix those ITB [in the box] & return those via just 2 channels on a QU desk.
    And then you can go one step further and use some form of a controller for real time mixing of effects within your M Bk pro or whatever computer you might choose.
    Remember though you need to TURN OFF any dry signal within the mixer in your ITB before it returns through your 2 channels back into your QU.
    Hope this helps.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

A & H talk about using USB for effects in their ZED range of mixers which are a 2 and 4 bus USB . Page 27 of this manual https://www.allen-heath.com/media/AP7028-ZED420-ZED428-ZED436-User-Guide-Issue-2.pdf
    All of the other digital range of mixers send out up to 32 channels of USB all of the time [not adjustable]and so you would need to what the Zed range does within your MacBookPro
    Hope this helps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.