USB recording GLD 112

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions USB recording GLD 112

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mel Mel 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Hi,

We have a GLD 112 and I know that it does USB recording of 2 inputs. We have an event which will encompass various instruments which will be fully mic’d and mixed live so I’d like to get a recording of the live mix. I tried to assign the main LR mix to the USB, but it came out very quiet, and obviously that’s not ideal because it will be taking the level that’s coming out of the PA so can’t really be adjusted.
    My thought was to assign the main mix to an Aux, and then set the aux at a higher level to record to the USB. However the desk doesn’t seem to let me assign the main mix to an aux. If I were to assign each individual input I’m using to the aux, I’m assuming the level of each input would be whatever I set it at in the aux mix.
    Any suggestions on how I could get a decent quality recording of the live mix of the show?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Daniel Trillo
    Daniel Trillo
    Participant

Hi!

What I used to do when I was mixing on the GLD and needed a USB Rec out of it, was just send the Main mix to a Matrix. On the matrix (I believe) you can digitally trim the channel, gain it up accordingly and make sure you don’t clip when your band gets loud. Or, you can do what you’re saying as well, send all of your inputs post-fader into an aux and all of them an equal amount higher.

Good luck and happy mixing!
    Daniel

Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

Hi Mel,
    You can route the Main Mix to a Matrix, and then assign the Matrix to the USB Recording.

Jeff

Profile photo of Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Great,
    Thank you both for the advice!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.