Usb QU DRIVE recording glitches

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Usb QU DRIVE recording glitches

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dangerbaby
    dangerbaby
    Participant

I’m using a qu16 in a live gig as a monitor / ie setup and recording the inputs via qu-drive usb. The drive is a portable 1.5tb usb3 drive brand new. Recording 16 tracks classic live rock band….on properly formatted drive. Playback is very glitchy inconsistent, jumpy. Transported all files onto pc and playback is the same via software. A bit disappointed really….Anyone got any ideas? Cheers john

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

On a live gig, with a rotating hard drive, almost certainly vibrations, either through the floor or through the air.

I’ve had exactly the same problem when recording with a Pre Sonus desk – Acoustic set while people were eating was fine, but once the dancing started & the volume went up it was no good at all.

Solution is to use a solid state drive – I now use SanDisk Extreme USB 3 (I have both 32 & 64 gig versions) and have never had a problem.

Profile photo of dangerbaby
    dangerbaby
    Participant

Thanks man! That almost certainly makes sense bro. Appreciate that cheers john

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Or make sure to place the hard drive on foam – something that will absorb vibration. Every time I have used rotating hard drives for my recordings from my QU16 placing them on a piece of foam under the mixer, I have never had any problems. The one time I didn’t use the foam -the recording skipped.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Foam may not work..

Shouting at hard disks can seriously affect their performance, and a gig is likely to be louder than a shout.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.