USB out to Mac

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting USB out to Mac

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JoeBLS JoeBLS 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoeBLS
    JoeBLS
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ll admit I’m very new to digital mixers so sorry if anything I dont know should be obvious.

We have an Allen and Heath SQ7 board relatively newly installed in our auditorium. I need to be able to stream my student shows this year cause parents arent being allowed inside the building.

I am attempting to take my main mix and send it into my macbook air running macos Catalina 10.15.4

My understanding seemed to be that I wouldn’t need drivers to get it to recognize the sq7 usb output.

I have the outputs for the main mix set to channel 1 and 2 of the usb.

My mac doesnt recognize the existence of the sq output and I have no idea what to do about it.

Help?

Thank you.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Have you switched from SQ Drive to USB B output as described in the reference manual?

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Remember in “Security & Privacy”
    you need to allow the Mac to get input from the SQ.

Profile photo of JoeBLS
    JoeBLS
    Participant

I have switched it to USB-B mode. I Went into “Security and Privacy” but cant find any evidence of my system detecting it for me to give permission.

Profile photo of jmannn
    jmannn
    Participant

To elaborate on what Soren said its “Security & Privacy” click Privacy tab at top then on the left Microphone and make sure your Daw the program your using is checked to allow access to your microphone

Profile photo of JoeBLS
    JoeBLS
    Participant

Thanks all. I figured it out. apparently the clearly a usb port on the front of the board was not the right one and I needed to use the one on the back of the board.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.