USB often not working on QU-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB often not working on QU-16

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Petr
    Petr
    Participant

Hi,

I am experiencing difficulties with both USB connections on my QU-16 which I bought like 3 month ago. The problem is randomly they become inactive. The connection to mac is not detected at all even though before it worked fine and I did recordings to logic. At the same time also QU-drive doesn’t work at all. It doesn’t even power it up, so to me it looks like for some reason the USB part sometimes is not powered up and stops working. This is second time the situation happened. First time USB started working after 1 day without any clear reason, now I can not make it working for around 1 week. I tried restarting computer and also turning off / on QU-16.

Am I missing something obvious or is it hardware issue and I need to apply warranty?

Thanks for any advice.
    Petr

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d suggest warranty…

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Have you tried new cables? Have you checked all the screen menues to verify correct routing?

Profile photo of Petr
    Petr
    Participant

I don’t think that the fact QU is not detected as sound interface at all on MAC could have something to do with routing especially if one day all was working fine and another it stopped without change in routing. Also qu-drive not being detected with disk and also flash stick that both used to be detected should not relate to routing.

Tried also different cables and different computers yes. Still thanks for ideas.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Have you tried a full reset of the desk, and/or reloaded the firmware?

What version firmware are you using?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.