USB Multi-Track Recording

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB Multi-Track Recording

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

On Friday night I decided to try out the multi-track feature at a live gig, using 12 channels in total. So on Saturday enroute to another show I decided to play back what I had recorded using Reaper 64 bit on Windows 7, everything had been recorded, but there were noticeable clicks reminiscent to a vinyl record that had gotten worn in places.

Not just an odd click, but pretty frequent.

I am using a Samsung 500GB HDD that is on the recommended list from A&H, I am just hoping that this is just a software issue that can eventually be sorted out.

I have installed the latest V.1.4 firmware, everything else about the desk in second to none.

Lee 🙂

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Just to understand correct: You recorded the gig on your Samsung 500GB HDD via the QuDrive! Then copied to your windows-computer and played it back via USB-B Port from your notebook running reaper!?

I had once the clicks on my HD as well.. i had to upgrade the frmware of my HDD to resolve the problem!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Just to confirm: I recorded all “Live” 12 tracks via the QU drive on to my Samsung HDD and then plugged the HDD in to my MSI GE60 laptop and loaded the tracks in to Reaper 64 bit edition. Playback was fine, but there are endless clicks on playback. Something else I forgot to mention was that I recorded both sets, 45mins each. The first set recorded, but the second has nothing on it. Shows all 12 tracks, but no information was recorded. I armed the recorder and saw it start.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.