USB Memory Stick for ME-1

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions USB Memory Stick for ME-1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aaron
    Aaron
    Participant

What is the preferred/recommended USB memory stick for compatibility with ME-1? I’ve tried a couple off brand USB sticks that are formatted FAT32 but not having any luck getting ME-1 to recognized I have any USB stick inserted. Can’t backup config or update firmware.

TIA.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Even though I’ve set up a few I have never backed up an ME1 to USB.

Try formatting the USB stick in the mixer first.

I have found all versions of the Kingston Data Travel series USB sticks work
    in any Allen Heath mixer old or new I have used them in.
    Try one of those, take it straight out of the package and plug it into the ME.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Aaroj

The stick to use is one that works.

Many, NOT ALL, Kingston data travellers will work and that is your best chance these days.

Profile photo of JG-MACK
    JG-MACK
    Participant

I have tried all available formatting of 256MB thumb drive will no luck!! I wonder if these USB ports on the ME have ever worked? I have 10 of these ME-1 mixers and all of them freeze up when storing presets to the USB. ALLEN & HEATH!!!! PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@jg-mack

The only fix is to find a working usb memory stick.

USB2 improves your odds, else like @mikec the Kingston Data Travellers have the best odds of working after a usb2 device.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.