USB Drive / Qu-Drive USB Wave Playback

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB Drive / Qu-Drive USB Wave Playback

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of moon moon 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumawu
    mumawu
    Participant

I am using the Qu-Drive to play wav-files before, after and also in the small breaks of a show.
    The files are 44,1 kHz/16bit Stereo INTERLEAVED and about 200 – 700 MB, containing complete mixes from 20 – 70 min.
    Yesterday I tried to put on wav-file number 44. After that my USB Drive (I tried an USB Flash drive and an USB HDD) wasn´t working in my Qu-16. It tried to read the drive but never get it. After deleting all wav-files – the same issue. I had to delete the whole USB Drive on my Mac and than format it on the Qu-16.
    If I put only 41 files on the USB Drive – everything is ok and working fine.

What´s going on there? Is there a limit of space for the USBPlay directory? Or any other limiting?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi,

First off, the QU-16 will only playback WAV files that are recorded at 48khz/24bit, so by filling your stick with anything other than that it will not see the files.

Anything you record on your QU-16,24 or 32 are recorded at 48khz/24bit resolution.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Profile photo of mumawu
    mumawu
    Participant

That isn´t right. It plays all my 44,1/16 wave files. And if the files are 30 – 50 MB it shows more than 50 files. The manual on says:

Playback: 44,1 or 48 / 16 or 24 bit.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

So it does, one of the firmware updates must of added the extra playback resolutions.

That saves me a load of time resampling my music files.

Lee

Profile photo of mumawu
    mumawu
    Participant

That´s fine, but doesn´t solve my problem 🙂
    How much files do you have on your USB Drive and how large are these files?

Profile photo of mumawu
    mumawu
    Participant

Nobody can help? Nobody has the same problem like me?

Hi Mumawu,

Sorry to hear you’re having problems although we’re not aware of any limitations of the system that could cause these symptoms.

Would you be able to send us an email to support@allen-heath.com so we can investigate this further.

Profile photo of moon
    moon
    Participant

Same problem here.I have been able to upgrade the system software and sometimes
    you can see audio files grayed out, but it will not play audio files.
    Mixer works and sounds great otherwise.
    regards,
    Mike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.