USB DAW patching

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting USB DAW patching

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

In response to a status update from @dalynkwent:

@keithjah I have and sq7 mixer and I want to used it as an audio interface I am using protools, I want to be able to track vocals into protools using the usb audio, can anyone give me any advice on how to set this up so it can work correctly, meaning the input and output routing, I have gotten to a part where I was able to record vocals directly into protools but It mutes the instrumental track when its recording, but playback both vocal and instrumental after recording, so I guess it has something to do with my routing setup, so if you guys could point me in the right direction I would be more than grateful I have been trying to figure out this board for over 3 weeks now

Presuming you have the drivers installed (if on PC) and the SQ selected as the audio device – I would recommend thinking about it as three different things instead of two, so you have Pro Tools, the USB stream and the SQ.
    To record, you need to patch a channel on the SQ (probably direct output) to a USB channel, and then patch this channel to a track/channel on Pro Tools.
    Then to monitor, send out from Pro Tools to a USB channel, and patch this USB input to a separate input channel on the SQ.
    This means you have two channels to mix and send to headphones or other monitoring – the ‘live’ mic and Pro Tools.

It’s easy to get caught out, but if you think carefully about the signal path bit by bit, you should be able to find where you’re having the issue.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.