USB B Stream PC Audio on QU-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB B Stream PC Audio on QU-32

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tiltrelia Tiltrelia 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tiltrelia
    Tiltrelia
    Participant

I have been wondering how exactly so send my PC’s audio to my Qu-32 via the USB B port. I would like to send audio to channel 9, but in Window’s playback settings I can only send it to channels 27/28, 29/30 or 31/32. I can stream to these last 6 channels just fine, however the last 8 channels on my board are currently in use for microphones, and have quite a bit of configuration on them. I would like to just send it to channel 9/10 instead, but cannot figure out how to do this without a DAW. Is this possible all on the same scene and if so how can I do this?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Tiltrelia,

You could use a free program called ASIO4All to do this, as it gives you a few more routing options between windows and the Qu.

Home

You will also need to download our Qu ASIO/WDM driver if you haven’t already. You can find that here: https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/qu-series/#tab5

Thanks!
    Alex

Tiltrelia
    Participant

With ASIO4All installed with the off-line settings, I see the Qu-32, but I do not understand how exactly to set it as the playback device, as it does not show up as one. I would like to route all audio from the PC into the mixer on channel 9.

Tiltrelia
    Participant

Tried out an ASIO bridge to send audio to ASIO4All, that works just fine. However, I am still limited to the last 6 channels on the Qu-32, ASIO4All just shows the same outputs that are in playback devices, and one labeled Qu-32, and even with this set it is not reciving audio on channel 9. I tried ASIO4All in a DAW (Ableton) and attempted to send audio to it and I got the same exact behavior.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Tiltrelia,

After having another look, ASIO4All doesn’t allow this.

The Windows system can’t use ASIO directly, so you will need to find a program that can be seen by the windows system and interface with the Qu’s ASIO driver to bridge the two.

After a little look online, I’ve found ASIO Bridge by VB Audio: https://shop.vb-audio.com/en/audio-apps/19-hifi-cable-asio-bridge.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=1

I have got this working to send Windows playback to inputs 1 to 8 on the Qu. I have not yet found if it is possible to route the audio to 9 & 10, but this at least stops the need to send the Audio to input 27 to 32.

Thanks!
    Alex

Tiltrelia
    Participant

Ok thanks, VB Audio’s Bridge is what I was using, but I did not try the first 8 channels. I have a pair open in that range, and will give it a shot later this afternoon.

Tiltrelia
    Participant

Tried using the first 8 channels and I can confirm that it works just fine with VB-Audio’s Bridge, however I had to change the quality of the Hi-Fi cable input to 48000khz, otherwise I would get cut outs and random popping due to the Qu-32 only accepting that frequency. For my needs this solves my issue, but it would be nice if the A&H ASIO driver had a drop-down box to select a channel to output to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.