USB-B sample rate

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions USB-B sample rate

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of asr asr 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rufus
    Rufus
    Participant

I just purchased my SQ5 and so far, I’m loving it. First gig is this weekend.

I want to do a virtual soundcheck to get a feel for the EQ/Comp/etc, so I thought I’d just use the multitracks I recorded on my Presonus console this desk will replace. They were all recorded at 44.1. I managed to connect the USB to the desk and got sound happening through the relevant channels 1-16, however, it was playing at double speed (since the desk clock is 96k.

Is there any way to force the USB-C to use 44.1 instead?

I’m running Ubuntu Studio/Jack/Ardour if that makes any difference.

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

I made the same experience (Presonus recording-> SQ5) , without any problem of speed. I also use Qlab,to read a playlist were all audio files are in 48Khz, and in the same time I record 32 channels on the same USB . I have understood, that the SQ is looked at 96Khz , so my opinion about that is, it is your computer/software who need to do the conversion. I use Reaper / MacOs . But if someone can confirm.

Profile photo of asr
    asr
    Participant

I had a similar situation, I wanted to use some Telefunken “Live From The Lab” tracks – which are 48k – to get familiar with our new sq5 and sq6. I don’t believe there is any changing the sq sample rate, and given what it was being used for, I just made an up-converted copy of the tracks in a DAW, and all is well. Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.