USB-B Muiltitrack Playback Problems – Qu24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB-B Muiltitrack Playback Problems – Qu24

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dags Dags 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If the older one has PCI slots you may try investing few bucks into a USB card. But I suggest updating to at least 10.6.

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

I’m rather stuck on 10.5.8 for the older Power PC Mac…Snow Leopard requires an Intel machine.
    If I can find a really cheap 2008 Intel Mac Pro (same as my studio Mac) that is still in great working order I’ll grab it but it will require me making some money from this hobby first.
    My tax accountant shakes his head every year at how much of a loss I make 😉

Great idea about the USB2 PCI expansion board for the PPC but I don’t know if PCI-X USB expansion cards are still available?

I have a few things to ponder now.
    But the desk itself is still a killer live mixing console with the ability to record the performance so this technical glitch isn’t a huge deal. Still happy with the console itself!

Thanks so much for your help Andreas.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I see, PPC and PCI-X, that’s demanding… 😉
    I guess you’ll find some cards on eBay for little money. A 3.3V PCI card may work as well. No guarantee this really solves the issue.

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Nah – I don’t think I’ll bother spending any $ on the older computer.
    I had an hour to myself (yippee!!) and I was able to test the same ‘virtual soundcheck’ session on the 2008 Intel Mac under OSX 10.6 and it works a treat.
    So for the purposes of getting my mate’s head around the desk operation this will be fine….we’ll just be kneeing on the floor to operate the Qu24 🙂

The PPC I’ll keep for live tracking when bands need more than 18 inputs.
    …though someday I’ll save myself a lot of trouble and invest in a post-2009 macbook pro which would handle it no probs and be much more convenient to carry.

Thanks again for your help Andreas.
    Greatly appreciated!

Dags

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.