USB B LIVE STREAMING

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB B LIVE STREAMING

This topic contains 46 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DFT DFT 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Volounteer <I used to hear way past that>

So could everyone else from a young age, but at 44 I think I am doing well to be able to still hear such high frequencies considering I am a pro musician and ad-hoc sound engineer, whereas lots of other people of a similar age group struggle to hear past 12/14k, some very much less.

I agree that perfection isn’t always possible if at all, and to be fair, it is very subjective as to what one person from the next would call perfection. But it is good to try and achieve the best sound possible with the equipment you have to work with. So in respect to Keith, he only wants the best sound for his live streaming, people will turn off if it sounds sub par, likewise, if the sound was great but his picture quality was very 1980s, people will turn it off.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

so, again, the phasing sound is not a technical problem of the mixer itself
    without confirmation from Keith it’s nonsense to speculate about it

it could be a problem of the guitar pickup as well…

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Lee7

I think I can hear higher freqs than that.
    Will have to pull out my old test CDs and play them to check.

What is perfection anyway?
    It is all 100.00000% completely subjective.
    The only fair way to decide is by majority vote.
    And most people just do not care about the various tweaks too many musicians prefer and believe is better.

If he wants the best for his audience then they should be telling him if they have problems not him guessing in advance.
    Perhaps causing the problems himself by trying to achieve ‘perfection’ by adding things.

I agree with @SteffenR that his pickup or DI box or other gadget is the problem not the Qu.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Volounteer

What age are you if you don’t mind me asking?

volounteer
    Participant

7@Lee7

Profile photo of Keithk2581
    Keithk2581
    Participant

Hey all sorry for the Delay in responding, had to work all week and haven’t had time to mess around with my setup. Im going to try today all of the suggestions listed above and the info i got from the A&H Video and hopefully resolve this. I hope to write back later today with good news. Thank you all for your continued assistance, it has been extremely valuable and i am grateful for your help.

Profile photo of Keithk2581
    Keithk2581
    Participant

So as I suspected, the problem with the audio was facebook itself and not the mixer or instruments attached to it.It seems facebook cannot stream high quality audio direct. I discovered that by using a program called OBS allowed me to use the desk to stream live to facebook without any audio issues. The only issue I discovered now it that I get the occasional popping noise in the stream on the computer, but it is not registered on any of the sound meters/channels of the desk. Investigation continues on that front. Thank you all for your help, it is truly appreciated and I hope your all staying safe.

volounteer
    Participant

@Keith2581

OBS is a good choice.

Depending on what other software is running NEEDLESSLY and your buffer settings for the driver the popping sounds like a typical problem caused by buffering seamlessly.

Win 10 is a big culprit in running lots of crap you do not need and that will mess up audio.
    But if you are using a tablet then I would have the same concerns about processing ability in RT.

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

I found this thread today and I am having a USB streaming issues … with a twist.

As I understand, whereas Windows requires driver installation, Mac Core Audio is supposed play right out of the box.

I have flawless audio from a 10 year-old Dell Precision laptop running Win 7 Pro.

I have a pulsing distortion from my late 2013 Macbook Pro that rides on top of the audio … sort of a high frequency rhythmic delay.

Both are using the same audio off of a Samsung T5 external drive and running the same programs to play the audio.

If I output the Macbook through its headphone jacks into the 1/8th mini jack and stream local the audio is fine.

FWIW I have only recently been using the Macbook Pro. It is running latest OSX with i7 and plenty of RAM.

Any speculation or resolution for this issues obviously greatly appreciated.

Thanks …

volounteer
    Participant

@DFT

win7 works great! we use it at our church.

newer PCs have more problems with audio.
    Latest macs included.

Your old mac should be usable. But you need to fix all the problems that these devices have.
    There are huge checklists for PCs about what to do to get them ready for audio.
    I do not use the mac but there should be lists for them out there too.

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

@volunteer

Thanks for your reply. I’m pretty up on PCs. I run them in my studio and am aware of the tweaks for best audio performance.

The Macs by reputation are actually supposed to me more reliable and audio friendly without the need for drivers for USB audio … but, alas, not my experience at the moment.

I’m hoping a Mac user can chime in with some advice on the issue.

DF

volounteer
    Participant

@DFT

roger that.
    If you have your mac completely tuned up what other type of info do you think someone else can give you?
    Not really anything you can tweak on the AH to fix that problem.

The issue is ALL the software/hard settings and interactions. One or more of them is a problem.
    Did you really tweak all of them or did you skip some thinking they wouldn’t really make a difference?
    Could it be the latest OSX on the older hardware? Are you 100.00000% sure?

If it works fine from the mini jack then what are you using when it fails?
    I thought you were talking USB inputs to the mac.
    Are you talking usb outputs to the AH?
    Why not just use that mini jack to the AH?

Have you checked mac forums for help?
    This really sounds like a mac problem not an AH issue.

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

I guess you are trying to help, but as I said, I’d like to hear from a QU-16 Mac user.

I probably should have started a new thread instead of piggy backing here.

volounteer
    Participant

@DFT

always best to start a new thread with specifics of your problem in the title

and be clear of the total configuration and how you are using it,
    which many folks ignore or make confusing

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

Really?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.