USB B LIVE STREAMING

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB B LIVE STREAMING

This topic contains 46 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DFT DFT 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keithk2581
    Keithk2581
    Participant

Finally was able to make an mp3 small enough to post. Lee thank you for the you video link, can’t wait to watch it!

-Mike C – Yes i used the IO menu tab to assign those 2 channels.

-As heard in the mp3 file, even using just one channel was giving me the same issue.

_im going to try later your tips on X all of the other channels in the IO menu tab

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keithk2581
    Participant

Heres a small mp3 sample. Its only one channel, my guitar, but the same issue is present.

Thanks for the link to the video Lee7, can’t wait to watch it,

Mike C – Yes I used IO menu to assign those channels. Will watch the above video and try your suggestions later today, hopefully together they will resolve this for me.

Thanks to all of you who have tried to help me with this, it is truly appreciated.

Attachments:
    Keithk2581
    Participant

Heres a small mp3 sample. Its only one channel, my guitar, but the same issue is present.

Thanks for the link to the video Lee7, can’t wait to watch it,

Mike C – Yes I used IO menu to assign those channels. Will watch the above video and try your suggestions later today, hopefully together they will resolve this for me.

Thanks to all of you who have tried to help me with this, it is truly appreciated.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

sorry but there is no technical problem with the desk…

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Keith2581

Thanks.

I do not hear any problems with it by itself.
    Even for mp3 it is good. Most mp3 sounds like crap to me.
    It is far better than most mp3 andor audio on utoob.
    Do not use facebook so can’t speak to them specifically.

So certainly not a Qu problem.
    Is the bad sound only on facebook or can you hear it before you start uploading or streaming.

Could it be the other channel or when you have both of them that it is audible?
    If possible can you upload a wav file with both together like you originally noted was a problem.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Keith,

I can hear what you are talking about, or at least it doesn’t sound like it should.

Lee

volounteer
    Participant

@Lee7

I hear a guitar.
    What do you hear?

What do you think it should sound like?

Played one of the other copies of the sample again.
    Might be a very small hum in the background but that could by my PC and its cheap speakers.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Volounteer

If you listen when he plays his bass strings on his guitar it sounds a bit there is a phasing effect going on. You don’t hear it on his top strings, it is quite apparent when you really listen.

@keith, Is that what you can hear but obviously in a better wav file?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That track as supplied does sound like there’s a phasing or chorus effect on the bottom end of the guitar?
    The track as supplied sounds like there is a direct connection [guitar plugged in] AND a mic plugged in.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you listen when he plays his bass strings on his guitar it sounds a bit there is a phasing effect going on. You don’t hear it on his top strings, it is quite apparent when you really listen.

@keith, Is that what you can hear but obviously in a better wav file?

That’s kind of what I was hearing at least in my headphones…unless your putting a slight phase effect on the guitar and bass.

Here’s a thought and a routing error that can cause kind of that “effect”

First are you assigning/using any of the audio groups for the guitar and bass, not DCA groups but the audio groups?

If you are assigning the guitar and bass input to an audio group or groups and then assigning those groups to the main mix while at the same time those input channels are also assigned directly to the main mix your will get that slight “phaseyness” to the sound on the main mix out put.
    You need to un-assign any input channels from the main mix that are assigned to a group that is assign to the main mix.

Are you applying any effects from the Qu Pac to those input channels?
    If so any chance those effects are being routed even slightly back into themselves?

Any chance there is a mix routed back into it self?

volounteer
    Participant

@Lee7
    @xyz

Clearly your ears are more golden than mine.
    What I hear I thought was intended FX and was not bad.

Phase in the lows and not in the highs sounds more like a frequency dependent delay from two channels coming back together.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Volounteer,

As you have read, Mike C, xyz, Keith and myself can all hear the anomaly, you don’t have to have “Golden” hearing, but I will be honest, I do have very good hearing all the way up to 16k. 🙂

volounteer
    Participant

@lee7

I used to hear way past that.
    The IBM 2260 and 3270 terminals made a whine that drove me crazy.
    Other folks said they could not hear them make that noise.
    No idea what my hearing is now if it were to be tested.

Not sure exactly how BW of hearing relates to hearing phasing.
    I did hear ‘something’ but to me it sounded intentional and very minimal.
    For me not worth trying to ‘fix’.

I have to admit I do not understand how some folks are so fussy about getting that ‘exact’ sound.
    Our MD goes to great lengths to get more BASS. I guarantee that nobody in the audience cares at all.
    And other people are even much worse. I know he can hear the difference. I can hear the difference.
    The real difference is that I don’t care about the difference. And neither does the congregation.

Like my uni prof once said: A difference that makes no difference is no difference.

And I tell others that perfection is not possible.
    At some point in time you just have to give up and say its good enough and stop making changes or obsessing about it.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Our MD goes to great lengths to get more BASS.

More Bass as in the actual bass guitar or just more low end in general.
    Can your system actually produce true low end frequencies as in shake the whole room, too many times people want more bass/real subwoofer kind of levels from a system that in no way can actually do it.
    I’ve lost count on the number of mixes I’ve heard where the bass/low end overwhelms the entire rest of the mix.

Now back to the original problem in question.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

More Bass in general but for certain performances even more so.
    Yes, when he cranks the bass the desk at FOH vibrates.

To me it makes no difference. One good sound vs another good sound.
    It must be awful to be such a picky perfectionist.
    Some sounds will bother me. Even mp3 does most of the time, but I am not nearly as fussy as apparently most who deal with music.
    And wonder how they can stand mp3 with all the other stuff they do to achieve ‘better’ sound.

What really bothers me is when my nephew produces a CD and the voice is under the music so you cant make out the words.
    That seems to be a common problem especially with younger people. Why have lyrics if you cant understand them?

Looking forward to all y’all resolving the original problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.