USB B LIVE STREAMING

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB B LIVE STREAMING

This topic contains 46 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DFT DFT 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keithk2581
    Keithk2581
    Participant

Hey, all, been searching for a solution to my issue, hopefully someone can help. During this quarantine period I have been trying to live stream to facebook using my Qu-Pac as an audio interface via usb-b, for a microphone and acoustic electric guitar. Although I can get the audio to pass through to my computer and be recorded by facebook, the audio sounds washed out, or like you were listening through a cone, and the levels seem fight each other.

I have assigned my ch1 and ch2 to “L+R Pre” in the I/O patch tab and am using Firmware 1.95 – Rev 4561.
    I am using a Mac with an i7 processor and 32gb of ram on MacOS Catalina and connected via usb-b cable.
    In setting I have Qu Pac assigned for input and output, and in Utilities under Midi Audio I have channels 22 and 23 set for my output chanels.

Is there a setting i’m missing or has anyone had issues trying to do the same and were able to resolve them?

Thanks in advance for any help. I tried to provide as much relevant info as possible, if i missed anything let me know.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@keithk2581

What sort of room are you in? Are you sure it is not the room doing it?

What EQ and compression are you adding?
    Any special F/X too ?

What DAW are you using? What does the freq spectrum look like in the DAW?
    Can you tweak things there before you upload to FB?

Keithk2581
    Participant

I’m not recording to a DAW, I’m going live on Facebook and using the QuPac as my audio interface.

As far as FX, I have reverb for vocals on FX1 and Reverb for guitar on FX2 and using slight compression on both channels.

I’m new to live streaming and figured the Qu Pac would be great to use to get the great sound I have live in a live stream.

Keithk2581
    Participant

Also, I’m in my living room and the guitar is plugged directly into a DI Box and into the desk, and the microphone is wireless but plugged direct into desk as well.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did you have a piece of the stream as a recording?
    so send it us…
    so we can listen to it

did you time aligned the mic and the guitar? or tried reversing the phase on one…
    since the mic is picking up guitar at the same time this could degrade the mix of both…

Keithk2581
    Participant

here’s an mp4 of just the guitar playing, you can hear how it seems to fluctuate in volume and tone. I did reverse the phase on the guitar channel, nothing changed

Keithk2581
    Participant

Mp4 was too big, lets try and mp3

Keithk2581
    Participant

SO I just tried recording through garage band and nothing cut out or sounded bad like it did on the live stream, which would lead me to believe that maybe the live stream web browser can’t handle the audio output of the qu pac? Not sure anyone have any thoughts?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

at least we pointed the direction…

Keithk2581
    Participant

Unfortunately the direction is not any closer to a solution lol. Has anyone used the mixer for live streaming direct to the web with success before?

volounteer
    Participant

@keithk2581

our church uses the Qu to livestream to utoob and it works well
    maybe facebook is the problem

did not see any mp3 or mp4 here to evaluate

why not just post it after recording if garbageband works okay
    what is so urgent that you need to livestream?

Keithk2581
    Participant

no rush other than wanting to stream live for the fun of it. The site wouldn’t let me upload a file because it was too large, can only be 1024kb. Best I can describe the problem is that it seems 1 channel fights the other for dominance.

volounteer
    Participant

@keithk2581

Don’t see that being a Qu issue.

and still dont see any mp3/4 file to play to listen to

not sure what one channel fights the other means exactly;
    MikeC pointed out how phasing could be a problem.
    Do you have some compression or AGC confusing things.
    Are you sure facebook is not the issue since your DAW worked okay?

I noted it could be the room effects, which is what your sounds like its in a cone says to me.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Keith and Alex from A&H did a live stream on their Facebook a week or so ago about how to “Live Stream” using the QU, here is the link and hope it helps.

Streaming with Qu

Keith and Alex are here at 15:00 BST (3PM UK Time) to help you get to grips with streaming from your Qu.#MixLearnShare #AllenAndHeathSession

Posted by ALLEN & HEATH on Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I have assigned my ch1 and ch2 to “L+R Pre” in the I/O patch tab and am using Firmware 1.95 – Rev 4561.

When you say assigned ch1 and ch2 is that in the IO menu USB set up?

For Facebook process of elimination try these ideas…..
    -only use ch1 and un-assign every other USB track output, select the track block and scroll through till you get to the X, then hit apply.

-assigning ch1 L and ch2 R

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.