USB Audio output from qu-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB Audio output from qu-16

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

tell me how to get the L and R main mix to Stream to my pc, that’s All I need, I have Studio 1 but right now Im not using at live gigs and people can’t pay me much for a demo so I mix it right on the QU and record the stream on laptop for a quick Mp3 or wave file

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

So how many channels did you set Audacity to use?

Preferences -> Audio devices

QU16 should show as 18 channels, and the default routing puts 17/18 as the main output. You can then happily discard the other channels (not sure if Audacity is very good at selecting which channels to record, think it does them from 1 upwards)

Given that USB routing is an independent function routing L&R to USB 1&2 *should* give it to you if you select two tracks of the device.

What are you changing in Audacity when you hook up the QU? (with screenshots if you can)

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You really need to communicate clearly and with a complete description of your objective. All I can sort out from all this is that you basically need a 2-track recording of the live L/R mains mix of a live music performance…with the possibility of a multi-track recording to be mixed later.

Make your stereo recording of the L/R output to a Sandisk Extreme USB stick by using the Qu-drive. Make your multi-track recording via the USB-b port to your computer.

The two can be run simultaneously.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

on my Thinkpad w530 it only shows 2 channels, goal is to mix down using the QU hardware post fader mix JUST L and R same mix I hear on the headphones. capture this mix by recording it L R as a wave file for use.

Dick Rees
    Participant

It is still not clear what you are trying to do.

Do you want to just do a live L/R stereo mix and record it

OR

Do you want to do a multi-track recording and re-mix it later

OR

Do you want to do both?

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

both would be nice but usually I just do a multitrack QU of the gig them play it back, and grab that audio with a laptop. I can do it but I have to switch all the stuff on the AH as I stated above. and when I want to record live I better make sure I put it back to default.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

My understanding:
    – You do a gig and use QuDrive to get a multitrack recording.
    – You go home and replay from the QuDrive, mixing “as live”.
    – You want to record the L&R from this “as live” mix to the PC.

Pop audio into ST3 and push that to L&R, leave it running (iPod, phone, radio – doesn’t matter)

If you fire up the output routing screen (See page 59 of the manual) and put L&R into outputs 1&2, then plug in the PC, fire up audacity, select the QU as the sound card and record two tracks it should pick up L&R.

Then you can stop the ST3 (and mute that channel!) hit play on the QuDrive, and mix away, with the output being recorded to the PC.

Dick Rees
    Participant

Can one not just use the Qu-drive to record the mix-down and obviate the need to go back to the laptop?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I don’t think you can do QuDrive recording (even stereo) whilst using QuDrive replay…

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Like I said, you must be able to see ALL your input in your software (use the ASIO driver). Audacity DOES NOT support ASIO on a fresh install. You must compile it to include it. Get Studio One 2 Free. Tested and working

Profile photo of Peesca
    Peesca
    Participant

Hi,

I have just recorded an event on the QU-drive only using the first five channels and I was wondering if it’s possible to playback from the QU-drive and use the QU-16 as an interface to adjust EQ, HPF, FX, compressor etc and then when the mix is done start the playback again from the beginning and send the mix to a PC through USB-B. I have already tried this patching CH1 and Ch2 as ST1/L and ST1/R but then I just got the same as I already have in the QU-drive without any effects from the EQ or FX. If possible please let me know how to set it up.

Kindest regards

Peter

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, just set the input to each channel to be USB and the global USB source to be QuDrive

Both are fairly obvious if you hit the Screen function button on the channel preamp page IIRC

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.