USB Audio output from qu-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB Audio output from qu-16

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I don’t want it on channel 1 and 2 this is stated in driver notes, V2.20.52 routes stereo Windows WDM audio to ST3 on Qu-16 and Qu-24, Ch31-32 on Qu-32. I want to capture the audio digitally from the qu-16 mixdown. I use the live recordings and want to mix them on the QU in real time as I capture the mix that goes to Main L + R. How do I do this correctly? I had it working the wrong way since I lost channel 1 and 2 by changing it to 1 to LR/L and 2 to LR/R

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Setup page, output routing, should allow you to pick L&R as the stereo output to the PC
    see page 59 of the manual

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

how? I want the audio that I send to my speakers L and R out but I want it on the USB, the only time I get any sound is when I make channel 1 and 2 L and R I don’t want to mess with my 1 and 2 I have stuff recorded on them. When recording a band with QU drive I would like to have main mix stream to my PC via USB what settings do I use, and yes I want the effects and eq on the feed. Im doing a live feed while recording 18 tracks is what I want to do and I also want to mix down 1-16 to a external pc via USB so far I can only do this using analog wires from xlr or the trs

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I get the right ouput if I use Output patch USB audio, 1 is LR/L, 2 is LR/R, 3 is 3, 4 is 4, 5 is 5, 6 is 6, 7 is 7, 8 is 8,
    9 is 9, 10, is 10, 11 is 11, 12 is 12, 13 is 13, 14 is 14, 15 is 15, 16 is 16, 17 is CH1 and 18 is CH2 like this I can stream a live mix with all effects after recorded, I have no idea what will happen when I go to record qu-drive and try having the live mix go to my PC

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Given that you are looking at stereo I’m geussing you’re not multitracking, and the output patch is independent from the input patch I think…

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

On the Qu set any channel you want to be L and R on the Output patch, USB audio. On the PC, make sur your software is recording from input the same input. Example : On the Qu I have 17 as LR-L and 18 as LR-R. On the PC I have to record from input 17 and 18. You can choose anyone if you,re planning to record on a PC (just remember to select the right input on the PC) but for Qu Drive L-R need to be on 17-18 if you want to record the main mix

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I get only get L R sound if I set it to channel 1 and 2 If Have LR-L on 17 and LR-R on 18 I get no audio on my pc. and I only hear the recorded tracks 1 and 2

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

What are you using to do the recording?
    “simple” recorders might not be multi-track aware.

BLKGHOST
    Participant

“simple” recorders might not be multi-track aware.

He’s right. Change your Main output to channel 17-18 in your software if you can. Audacity is free and will allow you to do that.

BLKGHOST
    Participant

He’s right. Change your Main output to channel 17-18

Correction : I mean change the recording inputs in your software. Tell us what software you’re using. Will be easier for us to help you out.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I been using Nero Wave editor, but I also have Audacity,, placed 1-16 back to the norm positions in USB audio output patch,and 17 18 are LR/L LR/R tried to receive the usb audio on computer I only hear tracks 1 and 2 my bass drum and snare all other channels do not get sent? tried Audacity same results. any screen shots to how to set this up so I can mix down my Qu-16 recordings on my laptop I need all the tracks not just 1 and 2, What I want is the mix I hear on the headphones or main outs, Looks like the only way is to use analog outputs and use the silly 1/8 inch inputs NOISY!

BLKGHOST
    Participant

You need to use the ASIO driver to have access to the other channels. Nero Wave editor does not support ASIO as far as I know. Audacity does but I just found out that you need to compile it yourself to include ASIO support which can be a PITA if you’ve never done this before.

Looks like the only way is to use analog outputs and use the silly 1/8 inch inputs NOISY!

Of course not. Otherwise the Qu would be useless in a studio setup. You only need the right software. So I did a quick search and found Studio One 2 free (would have been my first suggestion if I knew it existed). Let me know if you have trouble using it.

And may I ask why not use Qu-Drive? Does exactly what you want and you won’t feel limited by the 18 tracks limit on a Qu 16…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I use the QU drive to capture the event. Then I play it back on the Qu-16 and record the stereo mix, prefer to do it USB L and R post mix allows me to do the mix down right on the QU. Why I cant just get a stereo stream is beyond me. my method of playback is this and it works but I don’t know why I have to switch it on the mixer like this…. if I use Output patch USB audio, 1 is LR/L, 2 is LR/R, 3 is 3, 4 is 4, 5 is 5, 6 is 6, 7 is 7, 8 is 8,
    9 is 9, 10, is 10, 11 is 11, 12 is 12, 13 is 13, 14 is 14, 15 is 15, 16 is 16, 17 is CH1 and 18 is CH2 like this I can stream a live mix with all effects after recorded

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

What software are you using?

I have done exactly what you are looking at, and it just works – audacity does all the recording nice and simply…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I tried Audacity, if I set the USB output patch to default I only hear tracks 1 and 2 I have to do this to get the L And R and still have mix control of my tracks, Output patch USB audio, 1 is LR/L, 2 is LR/R, 3 is 3, 4 is 4, 5 is 5, 6 is 6, 7 is 7, 8 is 8, 9 is 9, 10, is 10, 11 is 11, 12 is 12, 13 is 13, 14 is 14, 15 is 15, 16 is 16, 17 is CH1 and 18 is CH2 like this I can stream a live mix with all effects after recorded

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.