USB and GLD editor problem

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting USB and GLD editor problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SparksME SparksME 3 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Why does this not work?
    It’s simple. I have a Macbook Pro, and my USB stick (with the showfiles from my GLD80) connected to the Mac.
    I would like to import one of my show files and do some editing. This without the mixer in the house.
    I have Mavericks on my Mac, and Editor v 1.40 (did not work on 1.30 either), it sees the USB-stick, but after choosing the right “GLD” folder (also tried the “Show” folder) they do not appear when hitting “Setup/Memory” on the Editor. Why…?
    Only the default shows are shown.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

In the editor click on “file” > “USB drive” to tell the editor which location on your computer you are using as the console USB drive.

Chris

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Freakin’ a…. Thanks Chris.
    First I thought: I have done that, but then I saw that i actually had chosen the folder “Show” (in the USB directory), and that does not work. So after trying again, selecting the USB-stick it self, I found my files.
    Thanks again 🙂

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Glad it works 🙂

Remember you can right-click on stuff inside the editor.

Chris

Profile photo of Rival Ross
    Rival Ross
    Participant

DELETE

Show folder should be entitled “shows”, not “show”.

Fixed this edit in next post.

Profile photo of Rival Ross
    Rival Ross
    Participant

I was having same issues & was about to post when I discovered (& it’s worth mentioning for others), you must make sure that within your USB “AllenHeathGLD” parent directory, your show files are all placed in a folder entitled “Shows” or the software will not see them. The “library” folder was created automatically by editor, but “shows” folder was not. Small, troublesome glitch perhaps??

Profile photo of SparksME
    SparksME
    Participant

I don’t use the GLD Editor very often and every time I try to use it, I can’t remember where to put the Show file so that I can ope it in the Editor – SO … for our programmers I finally made a step list:

First the show (e,g,: Choir2021.tar.bz2) MUST be put in a folder “sequenced” exactly like this:

…\AllenHeathGLD\Shows\

e.g.: C:\MyShows\SpringProgram\AllenHeathGLD\Shows\Choir2021.tar.bz2

Then:

1 – start the GLD Editor
    2 – in the upper left corner, click on “FILE”, then “USB DRIVE”
    3 – in the window that opens, click on “CHOOSE”
    4 – browse so that the right “box” contains the above mentioned “AllenHeathGLD”
    5 – do not click on any folder
    6 – click on “Select Folder”
    7 – click on “OK”
    8 – on the far right, click on “Setup”
    9 – at the top of the new window, click on “Memory”
    10 – click on “Show Manager” – the show should be listed in the right column
    11 – Click on the show name
    12 – Click on “Recall”
    13 – In the box that opens, click on “Yes”
    14 – In the box that opens, click on “OK”

The show is now open in the GLD Editor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.