Upgrading to V1.5 changed my ME1 programming

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Upgrading to V1.5 changed my ME1 programming

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-S John-S 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #47687
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

    I up versioned my GLD80 to V1.5. The ME1s then lost all the stereo pairs (three in my case). They went to “unassigned”. These were reprogrammed on the ME1s in ample time. Luckily it was a rehearsal. Did I miss that little gotcha in some of the V1.5 documentation?

    I am not calling it a bug by any means. But if it is an unintentional “oops” maybe it should be noted somewhere. If it was noted by A&H and I missed it please accept my apologies for wasting bandwidth.

    Thank you for the enhancements to my GLD80. Can’t wait to experiment with the new goodies.

    John

    #47692
    Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff
    Moderator

    Hi John

    Did the stereo link status in the Monitors tab of the IO page turn off, or did this remain set, but the ME-1 just decided to ignore those channels?

    – Jeff, A&H

    #47693
    Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

    I had the same problem.

    Richard

    #47695
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

    No, the monitor stereo links were still in place. Just the ME1s needed programming. If A&H can confirm this they may want to mention it in the update procedure. Again, not a show stopper. More of a Gotcha.

    John

    #47753
    Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff
    Moderator

    Hi John

    Thanks for the feedback. This sounds like a bug in the ME-1 relating to stereo channels, and not specific to a particular GLD firmware update, as the GLD has no direct way to alter the ME-1. That being the case, we would aim to resolve this in the next ME-1 release (sorry, I don’t know when that might be). In the mean time, I wonder if it would help to save a preset of your ME-1 configuration. If any keys became unassigned, you should be able to restore them quickly by loading the preset; I know this is not ideal, but it might save some time if you find this bug again.

    Sorry that you have experienced this problem, and thanks again for coming back with more details of the issue.

    Cheers

    – Jeff, A&H

    #47761
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

    Jeff,

    This anomaly was brought to my attention over the phone by another sound person who was mixing a rehearsal on a weeknight so I had no direct contact with the system. After the stereo channels showed up MIA I asked him to check the GLD I/O menu and the monitor feeds. The stereo links were still paired. No changes were made to the GLD I/O since before versioning up to V1.5. He then went to the ME1s and confirmed “unassigned” status of the three stereo pairs.

    I suggested recalling the saved ME1 setup but he was having a bit of difficulty performing that because I did not recall a step by step procedure at that time. He did however find his way into the ME1 button assign page and when he assigned the left channels, the right channels fell into place auto-magic-ly. We then hung up the phone and I did not hear from him rest of night nor that Sunday morning.

    I’ll see him tonight and ask what his solution was.

    Please remember another user independently confirmed the same issue so you should be able to replicate it in the lab.

    My entire system was running inter-compatible software with V1.42. My system has GLD80, ARs, iPads, ME1s, and GLD editor. It worked fine for months. Then the darned iPads auto updated to V1.5 forcing me to update the GLD80 to V1.5 which unassigned the ME1 stereo pairs. A simple reassigning of the pairs on the ME1s returned full functionality.

    Thank you for your attention to this issue.

    John

    #47856
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

    Hi all, the following note has been added to the How to Update GLD Firmware document available here: http://www.allen-heath.com/media/How-to-Update-GLD-Firmware_2.pdf

    Disconnect any Allen & Heath ME-U or ME-1 personal monitoring units from the GLD. Due to settings being restored to factory default any update will affect channel names which are automatically retrieved from GLD by the ME system. You can reconnect and ME devices once you have completed the update and recalled your Show file.

    Hope this helps.

    #47878
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

    Bravo,

    Good hunting and finding the cause.

    John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.