Upgrade Qu16 or Purchase Second Unit

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Upgrade Qu16 or Purchase Second Unit

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tommy Tommy 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Is it possible to connect 2 Qu units to allow sharing of outputs? My Qu16 doesn’t have enough inputs for some larger events I’m looking at undertaking but I don’t really want to move to a larger desk as it’d be overkill for most of what I do. Ideally I’d purchase a QuSb or QuPac and link it to my Qu16 so the inputs from both desks would be sent out one set of outputs – Is this possible?

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Don’t think that is possible without running analog outputs to one or the other as a sub-mixer.
    This is what I use the Qu-SB and dSNAKE AB168 for. 32 Inputs combined.

jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks Rob, I’m wondering if I’d be best to change my system to something similar. Probably get an AR2412 though..

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Just go ahead and get the Qu-pac and a stage box D-snake device. You’ll have access to 32 inputs in an expandable, scalable, easy to tote package.

But keep the Qu-16…

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

Another possibility might be something like a Tascam 16×8 that would give you some extra inputs with some DSP at minimal cost, but you’s need a USB-connectd computer to control the device. A lot depends on how many inputs you need, what DSP you need on each channel, and how much you’re willing to spend.

jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks! Might have to spend summer busking to get the funds..!

jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks DoctorG, I have other desks I could use but was more interested in ways to improve my Qu setup. I love the desk, just sometimes need up to 30 mic inputs. Think I’ll just save up for QuSB…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Submitting is usually possible when you get up to that sort of channel count… 30 mic inputs and relying on iPads might be interesting…

jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks @xapbob. Sub mixing is fine and we have done this several times however I would like the ability to record the channels separately. And thoroughly agree about 30 channels on an Ipad.. when I replied above I had in mind I’d be using my own app with the QuSB (either instead of or in conjunction with the A&H app) and my app will have a control layout suited to the venue/event (slight change in direction since I first mentioned it here). Currently working on the design and functionality of the controls – see attached…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

With multiple desks you could record everything, you sacrifice sample sync, but that might not be a problem…

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

Another option is, if you had the second mixer you could use it as a sub mixer for your drum set. Use the mains out or a mix out to send the mix of the drums to 2 inputs of the QU-16 if you’re running a stereo mix, or if you didn’t want to use 2 inputs, send that signal to ST1 or ST2 input.

As far as can you cascade mixers? I have not seen that option if it exists.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.