Updating MDante card fails

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Updating MDante card fails

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Franck Franck 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

My Macbook pro laptop refuses to see the dante card thru the audinate update manager. Yes, I only have one NIC, my wireless network is off. I downloaded the latest software version and update client software. I am plugged into only the primary port (tried all three of them too). Nothing connected to the GLD80 except a power cable and my laptop via ethernet. My MacBook is a early 2008 model. I have successfully used this same laptop to record from this GLD80 via dante previously. My computer reports the MDante card’s IP address as well as its own via Virtual Soundcard address. I have tried different ethernet cables.

I have rebooted my laptop and checked the wireless was still off (yes). I have rebooted the GLD80. I have done a soft reboot via Dante controller too.

I tried my windows XP laptop with correct software too. No good either. But upgrade manager reports that a windows service is not running so it may be an XP thing or something else.

What do I do now?

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

I have also tried a third computer. Windows 7 on a desktop. Still no joy.

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

I did have difficulty updating ours (via Win 7) and had to switch off the inbuilt Windows software firewall. Worth a shot?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi John,

If you are upgrading your Dante card from V3.4.15, you will need to upgrade to V3.6.4 with Dante Firmware Update Manager V1.3.2 first, then install the latest Dante Firmware Update Manager V1.4.5.7 and upgrade the module to V3.7.0.

Sorry I hadn’t realized this when uploading the new files to the web. I have now amended the Release Notes and put the links to download the old Update Manager back on the site.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused and I hope this fixes it.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Finally got it fixed.

It was Audinate’s own inability to see its own chip set that was the issue. With Allen & Heath’s help I had to force-download an intermediate version of software then let Audinate Software Updater take it automatically to the final version as it was supposed to. I do still have a problem where my MacBook Pro’s name is not recognized consistently. The name of my laptop intermittently comes up correct (Johns MacBook) or incorrect (New-host). Either way it does pass audio bidirectionally but the instability of the laptop name concerns me.

One note about Audinate’s poor service. They are quick to tell me to contact Allen Heath even though it was entirely their issue. Without even hearing my symptoms or attempting a repair I was told “call Allen & Heath”. Problem was Audinate’s client software and their Brooklyn chipset. It was Allen & Heath who ultimately helped me. A&H had the right to say “call Audinate”. But the service person at A&H stuck with me and solved my issue.

I would like to recommend A&H make it easier to find the correct software on their site. Make it easily searchable please.

A&H Yeah!
    Audinate booo….

John

Profile photo of ts_pl
    ts_pl
    Participant

Please tell me which version of Audinate Software Updater You download before updae into actual version? I have the same problems with update…

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

From memory:

There were only two versions on the AH site. I downloaded both. On the Audinate software updater I had to click a box that forced the software to ignore not receiving some info back from my board then it took the earlier version download by force. IIRC there was only one box that could be checked so finding it should be a snap.

Then the second download went automatically as per the instructions.

I am sorry that I am no where near my board for at least two more weeks.

Good luck.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

All obtained from the AH website…

Updater used had the file name:
    DanteFirmwareUpdateManager-1-4-5-7.dmg

The software that needed to be installed in M-Dante card by force was named:
    BNII-AH-64-3.6.4-Firmware.dnt

The software that subsequently upgraded automatically (after previous software was successfully installed) was named:
    BNII-AH-64-3.7.0-Firmware.dnt

I hope this is useful information. Happy I can give something back to the community.

John

Profile photo of Franck
    Franck
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    I have a problem also with the upgrade process of my M-Dante card.
    My configuration :
    GLD-80 v1.50 rev 18502, M-Dante Card software v3.4.15 Firmware v3.3.3.
    So, I’m trying to install DanteFirmwareUpdateManager_pc-1.3.2, to first upgrade to the v3.6.4.
    But I’m blocked at this point because when trying to install the software, I have this error message “Setup Failed / One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file. 0x800b0101 – Un certificat requis n’est pas dans sa période de validité selon la vérification par rapport à l’horloge système en cours ou le tampon daté dans le fichier signé”.
    Of course, WiFi off, administrator, FireWall off, only a cable between my PC running Win8.1-64b, etc…

I’m trying this upgrade because I have a lot of ticks and drops when recording with Samplitude. When I bought my GLD (with the M-Dante at the same time), it was working. May be an incompatibility with the new firmware of the desk ?

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,
    Franck

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Franck,

There might be an issue with an expired certificate when running UpdateManager V1.3.2. Best advise I can offer is to temporarily roll back your system date to early 2013, and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Franck
    Franck
    Participant

OK, I will try tomorrow. And will give you feedback.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Franck
    Franck
    Participant

Hi, I’m back…

Well, i’m trying to roll back the internal clock, put it in 2010. Nothing change.

During this time, I discover some clicks in the audio signal during recording sessions. I discover a very interesting article :

https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/465/103/dante-multitrack-recording-maximizing-performance

My old netbook was in fact to “congestionned” with drivers, utilities, programs, etc…
    And so, I’m buying all the stuff necessary to make a dedicated desktop computer : Corei5, 8Gb of RAM, SSD, Win7 Pro 64b, all services checked and de-activated if not necessary, just a new fresh PC.
    Before recording with it, trying again to make this firmware upgrade, and…Same error. Quite boring !

I’m trying with admin privileges, of course, on the primary port, the control network port, changing the date, changing the cable, rebooting many times, etc… Always the same error message.

Have another idea ? Will I need to send back my Dante Card to A&H for upgrading ?

Thanks

Profile photo of Franck
    Franck
    Participant

I’ve got it !

In fact, my error was to put a very old date (2010). I remember that I bought this card in July 2013. So, I’ve changed again the date, put a date near July 2013, and then… I can flash the card.
    I have first launched the DanteFirmwareUpdateManager_pc-1.3.2, but the card seems to not be upgraded.
    Then launch the DanteFirmwareUpdateManager 1.4.5.7, load the v3.6.4 first (with the “Override Device Matching” box checked), reboot the console, then load the v3.7.0, and then reboot.
    Don’t forget to put back the correct date.

Well : A fresh upgraded Dante Card, a fresh upgraded GLD-80, a super-speed optimized and dedicated PC…
    I’m a happy guy, I think…

Hope this can help someone else,

Franck

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.