update or store all

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions update or store all

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Underscore Underscore 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy J
    Andy J
    Participant

what is the difference between “store all” and “update”?
    And also, how to mix effects into auxiliaries??

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Store All, is just as it implies— it stores all channel settings into the scene memory location without regard to what was previously recorded and over-writes any previous data in the scene.

Update, takes the existing scene memory and compares to current channel settings and stores only the changes that are different than what was previously recorded, depending on what was previously recorded in the scene it can take quite a while to update.

When I record scenes I save 1 “store all” scene at the beginning of the show file, then with all remaining scenes I only store/record fader/mute settings. So when I make a change to a band scene I’ll use update and it will only look at the faders and mutes to record changes. The fewer settings saved, makes for faster scene changes, and smaller show files to load.

To mix fx into your aux sends, there are 2 ways to do it.
    1: Select the ‘mix’ button on the specific aux send and adjust the ouput fader of the fx return channel.
    2: Select the ‘mix’ button of the fx return channel and then adjust the fader of the aux send output channel you want the sound in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.