update documentation to actual facts

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions update documentation to actual facts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Document says in text
    Qu-16 is 24out/22in, Qu-24 is 32out/30in, and Qu-32, Qu-Pac and Qu-SB are 32out/32in.

But the block diagram on page8 has 30 out on my copy with 32 in depending how you view in/out.
    Possibly a typo. Or misleading by combining two models 24 & 32 in the same manual.

If 24 & 32 have different numbers they need separate block diagrams.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I just took a quick look at the manual and I instantly noticed that on the 24/32 block diagram all the numbers exclusive to the 32 are in parentheses.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Did the manual state that or do we have to use ESP to realize that is what they did?

Am I supposed to know that the lack of parenthesis means that was the Qu24 number on the block diagram?
    If the Qu32 number is different why is it not also shown there with the parenthesis around it?

Sorry but this is a manual error. Not the worst but if that data was critical like in a recent thread then it is bad.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@volounteer,

I’m not sure I see the problem with the way it is presented currently.
    Are you suggesting that someone has skipped past all marketing documentation, specifications and copy, then looked at a block digram labelled Qu-24/Qu-32, and thought the larger channel count numbers (in parentheses) were referring to the smaller channel count mixer?

Also, are you referring to USB channel count here? (you didn’t mention).
    Please also let me know the thread you refer to with the critical data.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

mi mi mi always mi mi mi

to make it clear for everybody else reading this…
    he (volounteer) refers to the USB interface
    and nothing else, but he don’t need to tell us

Qu-24 has 24 mono strips 3 stereo strips all in all 30 USB inputs
    Qu-32 has 32 mono inputs so all available 32 streams can be used with the desk
    same for QU-SB and QU-PAC since they share the QU-32 engine

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

Which has nothing to do with the block diagram and the number of usbs in/out and where.

@KeithJ A&H

Yes. I always go to the block diagram first. I did that in reponse to questions in another thread.
    I read it as the Qu32 had the number of usbs indicated ; although apparently that number only applied to the Qu24.
    There should have been parens with the Qu32 number too , if it is actually different.

If only there were an easy way to search for threads or even responses. I am pretty sure it was in the last week or so.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@volounteer,

There is a search box on the right ->
    Google works with the ‘site:’ prefix too
    e.g. (https://www.google.com/search?q=site:community.allen-heath.com+30+usb+volounteer)

Keith.

SteffenR
    Participant

Which has nothing to do with the block diagram and the number of usbs in/out and where.

the numbers you are referring indicate that you are talking about the USB
    otherwise the numbers used are simply wrong
    at least the marked text in my picture shows that it is USB related

why not make a picture and mark the problems in the drawing if there any
    this would sort all confusion easily

volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

If a user knows the right number to add they could do that but why should they have to?
    AH should have indicated all different numbers with the () if they are going to combine different products in one manual and use that code for the models on one diagram.
    And they should have shown all models discussed with pictures when they differed by what was being described.

@KeithJ A&H

Thanks!
    I never noticed the search box on the right.

SteffenR
    Participant

send us a picture

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.