Update?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Hi, so is the iLive ‘1’ dead and buried? we haven’t seen an update for a long long time. There are still a few outstanding bugs and glitches in sure that need attention.
    Will the console ever see any love in the software update department?
    Im not asking for version ‘2’ to work on our consoles but it has been almost a year since any bug fixes or new releases….

Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

I bet a lot of people would like to know about this. I have two different venues waiting to upgrade to a digital board. I would recommend the GLD, but they both need 64 channels. I keep telling them that we need to wait and see what Allen and Heath is going to do. If they release a software update for the iLive, I will know that they are still working on it. If they are working on an “iLive 2” then we are going to wait to spend thousands of dollars to get the latest technology that will be supported. If we could get some sort of statement from anyone at Allen and Heath with what what road they are going to take, that would be perfect.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    tylermartin86
    Participant

That post does make me feel better about the iLive, but not completely. You would think that as a flagship console, there would be more updates. Unless they are working on a software update v2.0 and it is just going to completely blow us away.

Basically because of the past update history for the iLive, I am still with a “wait and see” attitude.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

There are already rumours about new hardware that is going to be presented in NAMM or PLS next year and someone visiting factory told there was prototype shown. I can imagine there is need for new platform to keep up with others. However, I still hope there will be at least one firmware before EOL.

ddff

SteffenR
    Participant

maybe there would no pro product anymore, maybe they leave this field of operation to DigiCo…

just speculation

tylermartin86
    Participant

I highly doubt that Allen and Heath would completely give up on their pro series console. It is a widely used console. Heck, I’ve read articles that said that it was used in a stadium at the World Cup. Numerous bands use it such as Neon Trees. It doesn’t seem like a console that can be killed off easily.

I think what ddff said is the most likely true. They will probably release new hardware next year. Whether this hardware is iLive stuff or a rackmounted GLD (which seems quite likely), we wont know until they show it off at NAMM or PLS.

My personal guess is that they are working on completely redoing the iLive OS to make it more like the GLD. I once read somewhere (which was probably somewhere on this forum) that the OS for each console is completely different. With the QU, that is going to have to be true because of the way it is designed. But the GLD and iLive should be more similar. That way, they can release software updates for both consoles. If they bring the programming close enough together, it will lessen their workload.

It all depends on if they decide to keep going with the current hardware that is 8 to 9 years old for the modular series, and 5 years old for the T series, or come out with new hardware. Whether they keep supporting the new hardware will be completely up to them, but I bet they will.

SteffenR
    Participant

I just said maybe…

The usecases of the system don’t indicate something about the quality or acceptance in the real world.
    Still have discussions with artists that they don’t accept digital consoles because they sound bad. And many artists “need” a line array system, even in very small venues.

I say it again… the networked console system is still in front of some others in the market but we still miss some features in the competition (spill groups, pitch FX, mix minus busses, gain tracking)

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

I’m very confident that new hardware, racks and surface (iLive 2 if you like, as some people are calling it) is in development.

The question is do I sell our current stock now before it drops in value overnight?

SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t believe that… until I see it

SteffenR
    Participant

got the first signs (rumour?)

🙂

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

What signs or rumors did you see?

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Yeah; can you give us a hint? Right here on the A&H site?

-Mark

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

Hello Everyone: I am a previous T112/IDR32 owner & now current owner T112/IDR32 owner, I sold my Ilive close to a year ago because it felt like the ilive was not getting any love from A&H, There is still not alot coming from A&H about the ilives future, But because I love the system I went out and bought another, The Dealer that I bought from offered me the system (new) for half of what the ilive system is currently selling for, I came back and offered the Dealer $3k less stating that I am not sure what the future of the ilive is going to be and that I did not want to stuck with a system that I would lose alot of money on, and they agreed and accepted my offer.. I am happy to be back with an ilive, My hope is that A&H will continue to support this product and if there is an ilive2 that the current ilive will have an available upgrade.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Love for a piece of Hardware… it must be Vintage 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.