Unsuccessful Firmware Update

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Unsuccessful Firmware Update

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LKY LKY 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cAPSLOCK
    cAPSLOCK
    Participant

Hello.

I tried to update my QU-16 to 1.6 today.

As with other updates I followed the instructions to the letter. I used my QU formatted drive to put the firmware on, went to the utility page and began the procedure.

The pan lights starting doing their back and forth cylon thing… … and never stopped.

What do I do?

Profile photo of cAPSLOCK
    cAPSLOCK
    Participant

(They are still going. An hour later in fact.)

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Any result yet?

Cylon is cool…but let us all know what ended up happening…

LKY

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

This happened to me at first on my QU24. I powered on the QU24 with the USB drive already plugged in and got the back and forth lights. I pulled the USB drive out and put it back in and off it went. The installation was successful.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Try it again. That happened to me a couple of times. I think once it actually loaded just never quit the operation. Just power off and try it again.

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

I always remove the previous version of firmware from the thumb drive I use for this, and replace it with new.Also, I’ve always plugged it in with the mixer powered up, and with Utilities page open, and works fine. One time with a previous version, I DID have a problem with thumb drive, and had to re-format it with the Qu, then worked fine. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

I have a question. My church has a qu 24. I was trying to update the firmware but I keep getting cannot find update when USB is plugged in. It is formatted for use with the mixer and the file is in the root directory. (F:) for example. Does it needs to be in one of the qu folders? If not, I don’t understand why the mixer can’t find the file.

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Should be in the root. Make sure the file you have is Qu24UpdtV1_60_3804.quu Maybe the console is already up to date?

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

Console is on 1.5 can it just be on a normal flash drive and not one formatted for the board. That was what I was going to try next.

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

As long as the board recognize the drive, it might work just fine but not recommended

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Fomat it for board…

You’ll need.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.