Unmute single channel within mute groups

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Unmute single channel within mute groups

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nolan Nolan 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

This one is self-explanatory. What happens if we want to test a single channel while the whole band is warming up backstage? We would need to hard mute every channel first, then unmute the group, then unmute every channel within the mute group. Can we please choose between hard and soft mutes on the mixer setup page?

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Soloing it doesn’t get what you need?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you want to put on headphones and check the inputs then yes soloing / PFL can be done with the inputs still muted.

Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

No, soloing is not what I want to do. Say I’m doing virtual or realtime soundcheck and want to listen to one or a few channels at a time through the PA. The current configuration disallows me from using mute groups because the mute group overrides the channel mute, and I have to hard-mute all channels before opening the mute group, and remember to un-hard-mute them before show. It’s not like there are many options for mute group control on the SQ-5 either, with limited soft keys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.