Unlinking stereo mix outs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Unlinking stereo mix outs

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pageproaudio
    pageproaudio
    Participant

Hello, I’m interested in purchasing the Qu-32 when it is released in August. Is there a way to unlink the 3 stereo mix bux outputs for ten truly independent aux mixes, for stage monitors, or whatever I want to use them for. I would like to keep the group mixes for instrument/vocal/channel groups if possible, and not have to use my group outs and monitor mix outs.

All in all I would like to have ten separate mixes if needed, and have the option to create a stereo monitor mix (for in-ears, or my cd/dvd recording) if needed.

Thanks.

Lester

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

no can do,

I too wish A&H had made that ability, but mix 5-6, 7-8 and 9-10 have only one physical master fader.

Profile photo of pageproaudio
    pageproaudio
    Participant

Bummer….also I just found out that there can only have one iPad in use at a time.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

to me, limiting the QU mixers to just one i-device is really a shame since Mackie’s DL1608 can do this and not break a sweat.

I love the Allen & Heath company for so many reasons, but I refuse to believe that this drawback is because of sales marketing towards ME-1 controllers. I believe A&H has the know-how to make this happen, but am convinced that the only reason it is still not available is because it was not as high on the priority list of things to address with the release of the version 1.5 update.

Surely A&H would not limit us to one i-device because they thought that people who can ONLY afford a QU mixer would buy five or more ME-1s.

Of course there will be posters in this topic after me saying that multiple iPad use is childish or not needed because they want to control everything. Leaving the control of wedge monitors that can easily feedback to musicians who know nothing about little mixers or lots of knobs with menus should not be allowed to control them, howoever, many groups use in-ear monitoring and would like to modify their mix as the show or even song progresses.

It is nice to have only a few musicians using a wedge monitor asking for a few tweaks during the show instead of everyone.
    I know… that’s what a soundcheck is for. Let us not go there 🙂
    Dan

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Well said dpdan!!!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

thanks Tom,
    One thing that really comforts me here is that Nicola is with Allen & Heath and regularly reads topics.

Let’s keep thinking on the up & up 🙂

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Be curious to see how the merger with Digico and Calrec affects or changes things.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes George, I agree.
    Is this the beginning of a new level of interchange-ability between brands.
    A new “common ground” where one can mix-n-match this and that?
    In previous years (analogue) you could plug this into that or adapt.

That’s not entirely possible with digital and I have been reading all week about Dante etc.. before making major purchases for my coming summer.
    I’ll have to think very carefully!
    And still waiting for that QU32 before making any decisions.

DPdan, Tom and others would like multiple iPads.
    I do agree and see “a” place for this in certain circumstances.
    However I have run monitors (14) for massive shows where the likes of 6x 4K amps are pumping to the max on stage and… the slip of a finger on an iPad would have been disastrous!
    There would need to be an over-riding governing system here for multiple iPads

cheers
    dave NZ

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I talked to a guy Wed who used a P board with individual iPhone mixes. In middle of show the router screwed up and they were all disconnected. Had to reboot to get it all going again. That one event made them order a QU32 and 6 ME1’s and MEU from me yesterday.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

We’ll, there’s the post I predicted,….
    I don’t own a P board, Presonus is what I assume you are meaning by P, but even if the wireless router would fail mid show that does not mean audio stops. Audio would stay just says it was, control of the mixes certainly would cease, the same exact thing would happen to a Qu.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Correct. Except their point and mine was the sometimes uncertainties and risk of wifi over hard wired. Plus the fact of a tactile surface control over trying to mix something on a tiny screen. Just a lot more solid interface.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I am not arguing that multiple idevice capability is not needed. I know it appears that way. If that is what a big majority of folks want then I think AH should address it and I think in time they will. It is just being in the business a long time and coming from the musician side I see some of the pitfalls. Some things need to be controlled. Like the old saying. ‘Too many cooks in the kitchen’. With in ears. Yes. Less risk. Let them blow their own head off with the flip of a finger on a tiny screen. But not everyone else on a non in ear system. And like I have said. I think players and singers need to do their job first and not have that irresistible urge to reach into the bowl of popcorn every chance they get. You set it there and they can’t help themselves. I have witnessed it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.