Unique User preset for each half of Dual Mono FX

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Unique User preset for each half of Dual Mono FX

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pcbuilder
    pcbuilder
    Participant

Short Version: It would be helpful if we could save/recall separate User presets in the FX Library for each side (or half) of an FX processing unit that is in Dual Mono mode.

Long Version: As part of my live mix I have six “talking head” inputs (people speaking, wearing Countryman E6 mics.) These are used, depending on the event, by any combination of 14 different people, and I have Channel User presets for each of the 14 that I recall into the six channels as needed. These talking head channels need de-essing, with different settings for each of the 14 people. For this task I have three of the FX slots loaded with the De-esser set to Dual Mono, each “half” inserted on one of the talking head inputs (so the three units handle de-essing six mono channels.) The problem is, saving a User preset to the FX Library saves the state of the whole FX slot/unit, making it impossible to save/recall the De-Esser settings for one of the 14 individuals. Of course I could use up six FX slots, one for each t-head channel, but that wastes limited CPU and bussing-channel resources that I need for other mixing tasks. A nicer solution would be FX Library save/recall for each side of a Dual Mono processor.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I don’t know if the FX engines can be split like that, but if so it gets a +1 from me.

In the meantime, though, you can insert a Dyn8 on each channel and do your de-essing with that. I don’t think I’ve ever actually used the “official” de-easer because the Dyn8s give me everything I need for that purpose.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.