Undo option ?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Undo option ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fred_fraggle
    fred_fraggle
    Participant

Does the qu-32 have an undo option. Have i missed it somewhere?

I did a job the other day where I accedentally recalled a legacy saved scene moments before going live. Needless to say I took a deep breath and started praying. The hardest bit was not knowing quickly what had changed. What mics were patched where, what was being recorded, what mix sends had altered.. etc etc.

Thankfully the position i found myself in was ok and the job went ahead without too much hassle. However, I was very worried throughout the performance of the impact of my actions. What would happen if I opened this fader will it go to the mix or just the PA, or worst was it pre fader when it should have been post. – You know the sort of thing.

An undo feature could have saved my skin as I could have quickly unapplied the scene.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

For that reason I’m saving the current setup regularly to a “recently used” scene, so I can restore whenever necessary. Kind of manual undo.
    But I totally understand it could be quite helpful if the mixer’s state will be saved somewhere internal whenever a scene is recalled, to get at least an undo for last scene recall.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

While the idea sounds good at some point we have to be responsible for our actions. Digital consoles have affording a lot of great solutions while adding others. Just think before acting.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, but the scale of screwup that can be made in one button press is unprecedented…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I fly airplanes as a hobby. I can relate. Know what you are doing before you do it.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I don’t necessarily think it’s always needed – but ‘save this state to a “clipboard” on recall of another’ would be a nice feature.

It’s saved somewhere, because when the desk is powered off/on (hard) it goes back to where it was…

Additionally, for me at least, the store/recall options and confirmation dialogs are too close and far too similar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.