Unable to Load Outside Multitrack Recordings in SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Unable to Load Outside Multitrack Recordings in SQ5

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

I am having a heck of a time trying to get outside multitrack recordings to load into my SQ5. I realize the recordings must be 96kHz/24bit, all 16 tracks must be present, each track must be the same length, the folder and file naming is specific and of the .WAV type with the above resolution. I have successfully recorded 16 tracks from the SQ5 and then been able to load them later but I have yet to be able to load an outside file. Most recordings I can find online are less than the required resolution. I have made numerous attempts to re-save the the tracks to the required resolution. I have even been able to find one set of track that were the proper structure but nothing from the outside will load. On ‘Select’ing any of these MT recordings, the SQ immediately responds with “Unable to open track”. I was really hoping to be able to use various recordings to help train my team and to help with understanding all the ins and outs of our SQ5. Is this even possible or is the SQ ONLY able to load files recorded on it?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Brad

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

The files needs to be stripped of ALL Meta data if you want a chance to use them in the SQ.
    (or have them in 96K/24bit on a pc/Mac and use the USB-B connection via a DAW eg. Waves Tracks Live or similar.)

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

If you would like assistance with this, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and I can take a look at the files for you.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.