Un-Mute groups

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Un-Mute groups

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lithiumfun lithiumfun 10 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

A few times I have wish I had something akin to an ‘unmute’ group that would give the ability to press a soft key and unmute all channels associated with that key, regardless of the channels current configuration related to mutes.

The scenario would apply to dynamic program content where audibles get called and you cant otherwise do a scene recall. For instance the band is unexpectedly called on stage for an impromptu song or such and all of the associated channels are buried in layers or maybe not even stripped. It would be nice to be able to do this without a scene recall as that would blow away the settings needed for the ‘scene’ that the band was just inserted into. I hope that makes sense.

John

Profile photo of lithiumfun
    lithiumfun
    Participant

Can you not just assign the channels to a DCA and make it recall safe? Then if the band gets called up, the DCA is still functioning, and accessible on a soft key. I never run a show without most of my channels linked to a DCA and on a soft button, even if it’s just for mute and unmute.

Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

Yes, but then that only applies if a channel is assigned to a single dca mute group. If its assigned to two then you are right back to the same problem.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

now the power of scene-safes: set-up a scene where you set every parameter to SAFE unless the Mute-Buttons! safe this scene with all mute-buttons released! Everytime you call up this scene, all mute-buttons are released and all the other settings stay as before because of the SAFES! You can also set all of your DCA-Mutes to the softkeys and then you have an indication-red-light on the softkeys where you can see if there is still a DCA muted!

Profile photo of lithiumfun
    lithiumfun
    Participant

I see what you’re saying now. In this case, I think a scene would be the way to go (currently). I would be wary of that feature; I could see that getting sticky real fast, especially when channels which may not even be on a strip start feeding back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.