Two SQ5 and one DX168

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Two SQ5 and one DX168

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Badger Badger 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Badger
    Badger
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking at doing an event soon, and I was wondering if my use case is possible using stock SQ5 mixers, or whether I might need any expansion cards.
    I would potentially have 2 x SQ5 mixers sitting next to each other in a room at the back of a long hall. ONe for FOH and one for Broadcast. Most of the inputs will be from stage, into the DX168. There will be several stereo inputs from within the room itself (Various installed ceiling mics / Playback etc). I would like to split all inputs between both mixers to allow two different mixes. Can this be done? If not how can I do it without doing analogue splits? I potentially also have access to a Dlive CDM32 and C2500 and / or a GLD-80. I only have 7 XLR tie lines from stage.

Thanks!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You’ll need an SLink card in one of the desks if you’re also using a DX168.
    Then you can link the desks & they’ll both be able to “see” all of each others ins/outs, and the DX168.

Profile photo of Badger
    Badger
    Participant

Perfect. I thought that would be the case. Hopefully I can get kit ordered before the event!
    Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.