Two iLive T112s and Two IDR 64s with 96 Channels on both FOH and Monitor mix

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Two iLive T112s and Two IDR 64s with 96 Channels on both FOH and Monitor mix

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpnh dpnh 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Haskin
    Haskin
    Participant

Hey,

Has anyone out there tried to get both Dual Rack and FOH/Monitor working via ACE with at least 96 channels available on both consoles?
    I’ve got a T112, T80, IDR 64, IDR 48, two ACE cards, and lots of Neutrik Ethernet cables. Anyone got any idea how best to hook up tall these to give 96 channels on both FOH and Monitor Mix? I can get Dual Rack mode working, and I can get 64 channels on each console via ACE but I cant get 96 channles on Dual Rack mode with both consoles ath the same time….

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Haskin,

A Dual Rack system will use two MixRacks as one, with up to 128 Input Channels but still only one Surface.
    To get a 96ch digital split to a second system for FoH/Mon, you would need another Dual Rack setup (perhaps 2x iDR-16) for your second Surface and an extra pair of ACE cards.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Haskin
    Haskin
    Participant

So how will the two Dual Rack systems work? Would you mind drawing up a block diagram?

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

DualRack setup in ilive requires two MixRacks per system to create the 128ch into 32mixes architecture.
    Fixed format systems use an M-ACE card in Master MixRack port-B to bridge to Slave MixRack portA which is built in ACE normally used for the surface link.
    The only available patch-able port in a fixed-format DualRack system is port-B in the Slave MixRack which handles 64ch, so you cannot share any more than 64ch with a 2nd system digitally.

If you have modular iLive hardware, then you can fit MADI or DANTE cards to port-A and port-B which provide splitting and custom routing capability, so it may be possible to distribute more than 64ch between systems.

With your hardware, you can create one DualRack system using your iDR64+iDR48 with a choice of surface to operate. 112 XLR mic/line inputs into 32 mixes, not a bad system! you would need another two MixRacks to create a 2nd system. With the Slave port-Bs you could share 64ch, any additional splits would be analogue.

Profile photo of Haskin
    Haskin
    Participant

So let me get this straight because 9 out of 10 times when I’ve witnessed setups with more than 48 channel counts, there’s always the need for a n FOH/ monitor split. So Allen&Heath designed a system that can do FOH/Monitor on one hand and a system that can do 128 channels on the other, but can’t do both? Why have one without the other? Is there anyone out there doing 128 channels at his /her FOH desk without a Monitor Mix Engineer?

Profile photo of Haskin
    Haskin
    Participant

Hi Leon,
    Would you mind drafting a block diagram of the two dual rack systems and what connections are necessary? I’d really appreciate.

Adam Haskin

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

96ch FoH/Mon system diagram attached using Dante.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Haskin
    Haskin
    Participant

Hi Nicola A&H

Thanks for the diagram. I’ll try and see if I can match what you’ve listed with what we’ve got. But here’s a list of what we have in house.

1. One iLive T112
    2. One iLive T80
    3. One IDR 64 Fixed Format
    4. One IDR 48 Fixed Format
    5. Two ACE Cards
    6. Two Waves Cards
    7. Two Dante Cards
    8. Couple of 2GB/s Gigabit Switches

Adam Haskin

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Adam:

Thanks for raising this question on running Dual-Rack and a digital split system simultaneously. Just curious though; how are you going to mix 96 inputs, FX sends/Returns, Groups, Matrix’s and Monitor sends from a T-80? Given your setup, you just might get by with the T-112 on FOH, but it seems that you would need at least a T-112 or probably an S-144 on monitors, depending on how many mixes you’re doing.

-Mark

Profile photo of Haskin
    Haskin
    Participant

Hey Mark,
    Actually, you’re right. I think to some extent, it would just be best to set up the FOH on the T112 and use the PC editor application on monitor mix with one of those huge 27 inch touchscreen Lenovo PCs, or something similar. But wors comes to worst, we’ll definately have to hire out a second T112 for Monito mix. But stil brings us to the same question, will two surfaces and two racks work together, all at the same time to give a larger than 64 in 32 out mix?
    Thanks Mark.;-)
    Adam Haskin

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant

did you check this?

https://youtu.be/HdjdKRyQcfo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.