Two channels not working correct

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Two channels not working correct

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hein Hein 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Hello all,

A few weeks ago i was doing the sound for a band on a party. I found out that channel 16 had no output and if i switched to an other layer and back, the fader did not come back in it’s old position but higher. If i did this a few times the fader would move all the way to the top and stil no output.
    At home i did a calibration and found out that fader 16 and 24 did not go to the right positions. My QU-24 was 11 months old so i wend back to my dealer. He sended it to A&H and they told me it was dirt. They cleaned it for me and checked all the faders. Everything is ok now but cost me 58,- euro because dirt was my fault.

My question now is:
    1. How do i prevent this? I don’t use the QU-24 that often and i Always have it in a case if i don’t use it.
    2. If it should happen again, what is the best way to clean the faders?

(i have some experience with repairing amps)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

If it’s just dust in the fader track I would first suggest compressed air. In cans like you get for various computer cleaning etc. use a tube on it to get into the fader. Next would be DeOxit spray. Turn off mixer and allow some drying time before energizing. You don’t know where that stuff is running inside there. That’s really about your only choices.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The dust cover would help if the case is being left open for a long time at a gig when the desk is not actually being used.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/images1000x1000/allen_heath_ap_9458_qu_24_dust_cover_1073556.jpg

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sorry. Chris is right on. I meant to mention a dust cover or even a nice towel.

Profile photo of Hein
    Hein
    Participant

Thank you for the response. I will get my self a dust cover or maybe a Decksaver (DSP-PC-QU24). Hopefully then i don’t have to use the compressed air and DeOxit spray.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.