Turning on/off insert by Softkey

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Turning on/off insert by Softkey

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jess
    Jess
    Participant

Hello!

We are using Ableton to apply a waves plugin as an insert to apply to the mics. Which we have been able to do. Now we would like to turn on and turn off the inserts by using a soft key. Is that possible?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The usual way of doing this is with scenes and scene “safes”. You store a scene with the inserts on (your “On” scene) and a scene with the inserts off (your “Off” scene). You can then use a softkey to load the “On” scene and another softkey to load the “Off” scene. The key to making this work is having effective scene “safes”. You want to “safe” everything but the insert points. This means that while the scene has a complete snapshot of the board when it was saved, it is only going to change the inserts because everything else is “safe” meaning it doesn’t get changed.

I think this type of safe is available on the SQ series, but I’m not 100% sure. I am more familiar with the Avantis and it definitely has this ability.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.